It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

tillwemeetagain HB User
Question If there is one thing....

......that would make you happy, what is it and why?

I can't seem to answer this kind of question anymore....before I thought more friends, a better job, an education, and my own place is the answer. I had all of the above and yet, I kept going back to the same unhappy person that I was. Slowly, I am losing motivation to do anything. I used to love helping people, now that is more of an irritation.

If I think of how many days in a month I am actually happy and content, that would be a day or two the most. I find that whenever I see someone achieve something I am not or something I do not possess, I get more and more depressed. Long time friends get married and started a family, others get engaged, or find boyfriends who love them, some find great jobs and eventually buy a bigger house or move to another exciting location, etc., all these while I find myself stucked and depressed. I feel left behind in many aspects of my so called life.

I think I am a nice person who is fair and caring, but why do I find myself falling for the wrong kind of people? How can they hurt me so bad? And why do people chose not to help when I needed them the most? Life is not fair and I am getting sick of it. I am sick of feeling this down all the time. What can really make someone happy? It seems that I only see things that make me unhappy nowadays....I must be going crazy.

Closed Thread