It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

tiramisu08 HB User
- depression + anxiety . . . dear god

hi im 1* years old i hate having depression. i was on this one website where i took a self depression screening. It was like a quiz, it turned out mine was severe and the seond time i took it it was just moderate. I guess im in between. I hate this feeling, it feels like no one can help me out of this misery, i want to get rid of it so badly. I told my self to calm down many times, and sick and tired and overall just mad and angry. It`s been about 3 months since my depression/anxiety kicked in. Is it my hormones? My body, my teen years, what is it? It`s not an ordinary feeling blue kinda thing, its on and off for 3 months now. Will it go away? Should i seek help? i havent told anyone yet, i am ashamed, i m scared they wont understand, my family's life is going really well right now, besides me of course and if i told them this they would get worried and sad and ughhhhhhh. My doctor is a ***** i hate her, i dont wanna feel this way, I`m in so much pain, i hate it! UGH. DAMMIT U MOTHER****ER I NEED TO GET AWAY. DONT MIND MY LANGUAGE, SORRY.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-16-2005 at 11:47 PM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - do not post your age or ask for websites

Old 10-15-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
(female)

duncanisfine HB User
Re: - depression + anxiety . . . dear god

Hi.
First things first - I'd certainly recommend you at least talk to SOMEONE about how you're feeling right now. It takes a lot to stop thinking you can get over this yourself but it can help. I'm 18 now and my depression started around when I was 14 like you.
For me going to see my GP or talking to my parents about it was too scary so I decided to talk to a teacher at school. For my last 3 years at school - no exaggeration, she was truly amazing and I honestly have SO much to thank her for. When I was a bit younger I took a number of over-doses and it was mostly her who helped me to work through it. The only advice I'd give you is be VERY careful who you talk to. Choose someone that you have complete trust in and who you dont think will react badly. Would also advise you to choose an adult. Your friends can be a great support but as I found out at 14/15 - depression can just be too much for them to handle.
How would you feel about going to see a different GP? There are usually more than one of them within the same clinic so maybe you could request a different one, she'd never know. I used to literally be terrified but she was a lot better than I thought. I'm not totally sure if you can see a doctor on your own at 14 but if you can then they wont tell your family anything. Unless the doctor is majorly concerned about your safety then everything is confidential.
Without being assessed it's very difficult to say whether your problem's hormonal or not. Quite possibly it is, but that doesnt make it any better - you would still be better off getting some support. This is at the risk of offending people and I dont mean to, but I think those online tests things are pretty crap. If you believe you have severe/ moderate depression then you NEED to see someone.
Come on hun - it's nothing to be ashamed of. There's such a stigma attached to being depressed, it's ridiculous. Depression is an ILLNESS - dont you forget that. You wouldn't be ashamed of having the flu or something and wouldnt hesitate to help. Try to think of this as similar.
I avoided getting help for such a long time and looking back I feel like I wasted 3 years of my life. Dont let it get to the stage where you get so bad you're self-harming or something similar.
Can't honestly say that I do know a depression board particularly for teenagers. Really hope things start to pick up for you. You just do what's best for YOU personally.
xxxx

Last edited by moderator2; 10-17-2005 at 07:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
(male)

Kiba HB User

Hi tiramisu08 ,
Depression is truly a hard thing to deal with and can be caused by many things. I can't tell you on hand what is causing your depression because I am not a doctor. I have been depressed for the last 14 years now and I am only 17. Your best choice is to go see your doctor to start getting help and to find out what it is before it gets to late. I found out the hard way on not getting help and it almost cost me my life. Depression is not something that just happens overnight and it will not just go away overnight but we all wish that it would. Most of the time with therapy or counselling and meds it can decrease how bad the depression is. I have been on some good meds and some bad meds, I went threw 3 therapist before I found a good one, and luckly I found a great counceller at school. It is still hard to talk to them because I have isolated myself all my life and truly never had any friends but it is time to change. The only way you will get help is to ask for it and to tell your parent reguardless how bad and ashamed it makes you feel because your parents would rather have you happy than sad or dead.

Best Of Luck To All !!!
Your friend
Kiba

PS. I am praying for you !

Last edited by moderator2; 10-17-2005 at 07:51 AM.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:48 PM   #4

pittcollegekid HB User

I'm 20 and I have been dealing with my depression since i was 14 like you ON MY OWN.. and it doesn't work. Talk to someone now b/c my last 6 years could have been better if i would have just told the truth when i was asked years ago about my feelings of deppression. I am now just goint to talk to someone and i hope you do the sam.. let me know how it goes

Last edited by moderator2; 10-17-2005 at 07:51 AM.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 AM   #5
(female)

hybridelements HB User

i'm 16 now, and i've been dealing with all these **** since i was 10.. been struggling with it, there were times that got better or worse, but all of this, u will have to deal with it.. control ur emotions,esp anger. anger can lead to u doing many foolish stuff. a year ago, i was still an angry girl,angry,rebellious,crazy, doing anything to vent my anger. i totally regret it now..

Last edited by moderator2; 10-17-2005 at 07:56 AM.

Closed Thread