It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
(male)

gohomekidd HB User
Just looking for some reassurance

I've been basically depressed/having constant anxiety or panic attacks for the last year, ever since I got my first house. I had an panic attack at work, and haven't been the same since. It was the very first one I can truly remember having.

Well, the last 2 weeks have been hell. I'm deep in debt, my first love interest is leaving my life for good, and I decided to sell my house

I've work about 50 of the last 80 hours in my work pay period. This depression, or whatever it may be is taking it's toll, so I've decided to see a psychiatrist to monitor my meds, and a psychotherapist for counciling. And now I may be going on disability at work, just til this begins to pass, because that seems to make the whole situation worse. (I'm only 23!)

After my first real scare with anxiety, my primary dr put me on 50mg zoloft. It always took the edge off. I was on it for a good 10 months, til I waited too long to get my script filled, and had to go cold turkey. That sucked. Well, I was feeling good most of the time I was on it, but it never seemed to be a complete cure. And recently, everything has came back

I havent been able to eat lately and was getting all these stomach tests done, because I truly didnt know whats wrong. Well, friday the doc put me on xanax .25. It seems to have taken the edge off, but I'm still scared taking it. I would really still like to be able to go out to the pub with my friends, and have a drink! hehe

I guess my question is, even if the meds work, has anyone actually been able to really cure themselves of this dibilitating mindset? I just want to know that I have a chance to feel better again

Sorry for the lengthiness, just needed to vent a bit too I guess! please reply, anyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Just looking for some reassurance

sorry do not really have an answer for you but wanted to welcome you to the boards

take care

Closed Thread