It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #1

pittcollegekid HB User
it's time

Ive looked to these boards in the past for other issues and it helped so i hope this does.

I am a 20yr old female and I have been fighting my deppresion on my own for years. It is becoming to much for me to handle on my own. Its gotten so bad that i cry myself to sleep at night . I don't want to be depressed anymore:-( I try to be happy and not look down on my life all the time but by the end of the day i just can't take it anymore. I hope for a brighter furture but I just want to make it easier for me to get there happy and healthy. i want the family and life I've always longed for but I can't stop dwelling on everything that makes me worthless. I've tried to find something to calm me down when i get sad and feel really stressed. Eventually i'll get the nerve to talk to someone about it but until then i just need a method to i guess relax myself. Iv'e decided I need a change in my life someone help i need some advice.
i'm just really confused

Last edited by pittcollegekid; 10-15-2005 at 11:40 PM.

Old 10-16-2005, 04:12 AM   #2
(male)

surreyboy HB User
Re: it's time

I know how you feel *hugs*

I've suffered on and off with depression for 10 years since my dad became an alcoholic and wrecked my family life. Since then I kinda bounced back and got my teacher training qualification and started as a class teacher, but my depression came back big time after a long term relationship finished over the summer. I've now come out of teaching, and am trying to pick myself off the depression floor once more. I think all this has made me realise that I don't want to teach. I DO want to work in a primary school in some role, but I also want to return to my first love of writing. It's going to be hard for me to get through these next few weeks, but I hope I can do it, and I'm sure YOU can as well. Try to think carefully about what you DO want to do with your life. Take your time so you're really sure and give it a go. I know there's loads of people here who will support you :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 06:03 AM   #3
(female)

spy HB User
Re: it's time

Hi
Like a lot of people here, I know how you feel. I've been dealing with a similar situation since I was your age (I'm 28 now). Obviously it's individual but I've found a few things that have been helpful in stressful situations. The best one was yoga, in my case ashtanga since it is very intense and a good workout as well. Concentrating on the moves and my breathing helped calm me down and the physical exhaustion afterwards helped me sleep. A good workout in the gym also helps, although it can be extrememly difficult to actually get myself up and go. I often relax by playing with my dog, as stupid as it may sound. I hope these tips have helped.

Closed Thread