It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
(female)

pawb1956 HB User
Getting off meds

Hi, this is the first time I have posted and wanted to see how others deal with getting off their meds. I have been on Cymbalta since the beginning of the year or towards the end of last year. It isn't helping at all, I'm still depressed, always have been and always will be. I don't like taking meds and want to get off. I'm concerned about what will happen if I just stop, because when I forget to take them or am late taking them, I have dizzies. My psyc doc doesn't recommend getting off them, yeah he makes more money that way! It's costing me too much money and I can't afford it anymore. He gave me some samples to last a while and gave me 30's and 60's. I decided to start the 30's (after taking 60's for most of this time) this week to see how I would feel, have had the dizzies a little, but not like I thought I would. My question is how long should I stay on the 30's before I stop completely. Will my body go into withdrawals? If so, that's why I want to get off the meds, I don't like the way I feel.

Anybody else have similar things going on?

Thanks!

Old 10-17-2005, 06:07 AM   #2
(female)

chrismom HB User
Re: Getting off meds

I've heard you have to come off Cymbalta SLOWLY. If they are capsules, try to dump out a little bit more from it each week. It may take several weeks though. Be patient. Withdrawals can be tough on this one.

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 10:28 AM   #3

prozack HB User
Re: Getting off meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawb1956
Hi, this is the first time I have posted and wanted to see how others deal with getting off their meds. I have been on Cymbalta since the beginning of the year or towards the end of last year. It isn't helping at all, I'm still depressed, always have been and always will be. I don't like taking meds and want to get off. I'm concerned about what will happen if I just stop, because when I forget to take them or am late taking them, I have dizzies. My psyc doc doesn't recommend getting off them, yeah he makes more money that way! It's costing me too much money and I can't afford it anymore. He gave me some samples to last a while and gave me 30's and 60's. I decided to start the 30's (after taking 60's for most of this time) this week to see how I would feel, have had the dizzies a little, but not like I thought I would. My question is how long should I stay on the 30's before I stop completely. Will my body go into withdrawals? If so, that's why I want to get off the meds, I don't like the way I feel.
I tried going off twice.It's very complicated,for me anyways.I hate taking the meds.
I would taper off very slowly,over a period of months.Find a doctor that will help you taper off.
Everybody's body is different.My pdoc told me that none of his patients have successfully went off.That's a load of crap.
Don't let the doctors dictate this area of your mental health.
MIke
Anybody else have similar things going on?

Thanks!
I tried going off twice.It's very complicated,for me anyways.I hate taking the meds.
I would taper off very slowly,over a period of months.Find a doctor that will help you taper off.
Everybody's body is different.My pdoc told me that none of his patients have successfully went off.That's a load of crap.
Don't let the doctors dictate this area of your mental health.

Last edited by prozack; 10-17-2005 at 10:29 AM.

Closed Thread