It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2005, 06:10 AM   #1
(female)

chrismom HB User
Anyone take good ol Prozac anymore?

It seems that since the new ad's came out there is always a "flavor of the month" with meds. What about Prozac. I've tried just about all of them except Prozac. I'm wondering if it's worth trying or are the others that much better?

Hate side effects with all of them!

Old 10-17-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User
Re: Anyone take good ol Prozac anymore?

Hi, well I"m back on good ole proxac...5 weeks of the weekly proxac..just ready for the side effects to subside..know I have lost some weight because of loss of appetite, nausea..somedays like a zombie, dizzy but getting better..Have tried about everything else and could NOT deal with side effects but made up my mind to get through this..6th pill tomorrow !!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 10:20 AM   #3

prozack HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismom
It seems that since the new ad's came out there is always a "flavor of the month" with meds. What about Prozac. I've tried just about all of them except Prozac. I'm wondering if it's worth trying or are the others that much better?

Hate side effects with all of them!
Prozac is my good old standby when other ad's fail.
I don't like alot of the side effects but it's better than being severely depressed.
I am on a combo of prozac and wellbuterin and it seems to work ok for now.
Mike(Prozack)

Old 10-17-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
(female)

Pesh HB User

The first AD I ever took was prozac. My concern is always weight gain, and it made very hungry, although I know for many people it suppresses appetite. I also had a lot of trouble sleeping on Prozac, and since I was in college at the time, sleep was a big priority!! I switched to Wellbutrin and love it.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
(female)

chrismom HB User

It seems like many of the side effects are the same. I've been on a lot of them too and seems that the dizziness/nausea do subside, but some of the other things don't, like weight gain, sexual side effects, etc...

My next meds may be Prozac and Wellbutrin. I was wondering how that was working for anyone? Does the Wellbutrin offset the sexual side effects and weight gain issue of the Prozac?

I'm not digging Cymbalta too much so far with regards to sexual side effects and emotional numbness.

Any input would be great. Thanks,

Chris

Closed Thread