It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
(male)

morten44 HB User
Please :My wife need some words of hope

Hi, I am writing on this board as I hope there are some kind people out there that will post some good words of comfort, a short prayer that will give my wife strength to get through her depressions, feeling of guilt and failure. She has had some problems getting used to new culture, health issues and guild as she is very aware of doing the right thing and some times are not able to do it and that make things even worse. She has got further heath complications caused by the stress in my opinion (bowel problem, back, kidney, num foot and gaining weight)
She is a very good person and I love her a lot but 1 1/2 year of depression is starting to take her futher and futher down
If you could please post some encouraging words for her. A short prayer, a wish of her getting well again and getting hope back that she can be in charge of her own future. She needs all the support she can get and she need to know that someone out there care for her.
Thanks in advance for all that will do that. It is really appreciated

Old 10-17-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

ldy06 HB User
Re: Please :My wife need some words of hope

Hi,

I hope your wife is getting the help she needs. I'm currently experiencing a bit of a relapse in my depression myself, but I was doing really well for long enough to know that it's worth it to fight to get back there. Depression is tricky and affects everyone differently. Keep giving her your love and support and let her know that there is hope. I truly believe that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #3

prozack HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten44
Hi, I am writing on this board as I hope there are some kind people out there that will post some good words of comfort, a short prayer that will give my wife strength to get through her depressions, feeling of guilt and failure. She has had some problems getting used to new culture, health issues and guild as she is very aware of doing the right thing and some times are not able to do it and that make things even worse. She has got further heath complications caused by the stress in my opinion (bowel problem, back, kidney, num foot and gaining weight)
She is a very good person and I love her a lot but 1 1/2 year of depression is starting to take her futher and futher down
If you could please post some encouraging words for her. A short prayer, a wish of her getting well again and getting hope back that she can be in charge of her own future. She needs all the support she can get and she need to know that someone out there care for her.
Thanks in advance for all that will do that. It is really appreciated
Morten
We all know what your wife is going thru.Give her positive encouragement.Tell her that her guilt is not justified,it's just lies that the sickness tells her.Tell her how much she means to you and that she is worth a whole bunch.
My depression spell lasted for two years.Let her know that ,even though it's been a long time,it is just temporary.
She is very lucky to have a husband that cares so very much.
She will be in my prayers
Mike

Old 10-23-2005, 06:26 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

myshy HB User

Hi Morten44,
One of the things I know for sure about depression is that is can totally consume a persons life and make even basic tasks overwhelming.

I think that we are all our own worst enemies at times and often view ourselves far worse than anyone else ever does.

It can be a very daunting task to adapt to a new culture for anyone and a chat to her doctor might help. If you don't have one that she can talk to, ask a few people around your area for a recommendation (she would most likely benefit from having a female GP). Encourage your wife to join in some basic activities (even finding a social club that is within your culture) to help her regain some confidence, but dont apply any more pressure right now. One of the worst things I encountered was people telling me that I should be doing this or that. Keep telling her that you believe in her.

Finally, your wife may need some assistance with her depression in the form of some medication. I wish that I had been encouraged to follow this path earlier than I did. By the time I admitted depression I was many years down the track.

I went on to study psychology and have a brother who works in the area.

Sometimes our bodies cope in mysterious ways and it not a sign of failure to admit you need help or require medication and/or counselling. It is a sign of strength.

Tell your wife not to be afraid to seek help. She may be surprised to know that people already know and want to help, but don't want to want to intrude for fear of offending her. Depression can be a long road, but a good chat with her GP will get her on the raod to recovery. All the best.

Michelle

Old 10-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

All the best and all my sympathies to you wife, prayers for her and for you in coping with this. If your wife ever comes here (or if you do again) she'll be very welcome.
xxx

Old 10-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sealover HB Usersealover HB User

Hi Morten,

Please let your wife know that she is not alone, that there are others who are suffering with depression, too. Her depression does not have to continue if she receives professional help. Since she has some other medical problems, those problems can be dealt with also. It's important that she not become overwhelmed by all that is happening in her life.

Your emotional support will mean the world to her, so please continue to encourage her and be there for her when she needs someone to listen. Do you think that she would be willing to go to a support group for depression?

Sending hope and prayers and hugs to your wife.

Closed Thread