It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
Depression help

Hi..

I am almost absolutely positive that I have depression. It goes in spurts but heres how I diagnosis it:

In school we just watched a movie on depression and suicide. I realized I had alot in common with what the video was saying. I have a very low self esteem. I am overweight and not attractive at all. My sister is 3 years younger and is beautiful and thin. she often treats me badly and talks down to me. My parents it seems are ALWAYS yelling at me. I get ok grades, but nothing I do is good enough. My sister is a much better daughter. I have cut myself a few times. Not alot but enough to realize I have got a problem. I feel that im ugly and unwanted. I have really no friends, and the ones I do have don't pay any more attention to me. My family has a history of depression and my mother is taking medication for it.

I would tell them, and want to because I want to live a full life. Im afraid of taking medication because 1) one friend started taking them and she got even worse and 2) I don't want to gain weight I want to lose it.

It seems that I may eat because i'm lonely and depressed. I don't know what to do.
Please give me some advice like:
1) are there any medications that will help with my depression and help me lose weight instead of gain?
2) how can I help up my self esteem?
3) will I ever be normal?

Last edited by boicrazy3188; 10-17-2005 at 08:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
(male)

PhillyGuy HB User
Re: Depression help

There are medications for everything but they should really be only used as a last resort. Dieting is good but the main thing you need is exercise. You should go jogging every day, even if you're really bad at it at first. Exercise also gives you adrenaline, which will make you feel better about yourself and less depressed. And the more you jog, the thinner you get, which will make you feel even better. And if you do go jogging, go outside in the sunlight and fresh air.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #3
(female)

lostandyoung HB User

i'm 14 and female. i think i have depression too but i am too nervous to see anyone about it. my friends dont support me and just dont care.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Look, im not lookinf for weight loss advice...This is a depression board...I just don't want the side effects of some ADs....As for talking to someone, I would urge it. Tonite I will bring it up to my mom. Friends arn't good to talk to unless you know they are reliable...Maybe they do care, but they arn't showing it. I know I need help, and you might too.

Closed Thread