It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
(female)

lostandyoung HB User
Unhappy PLease someone give me some advice i'm only 14 and depressed

all the time i just feel like crap and my friends dont care about me and i self harm and i dont know what to do. i'm too shy to talk to anyone. i'm lost. i've cut myself and i want to stop and get everything sorted out but i dont know how.

Last edited by lostandyoung; 10-18-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
(female)

ritzylady77 HB User
Re: why am i so depressed??? someone give me some advice

Hi lostandyoung,

The teenage years are so difficult for most anybody, and when you are suffering with something more, it makes it doubly difficult. I know that you mentioned that you were too shy to talk to somebody about this...and asking for help is the hardest step to take. But, it will make things easier in the long run. You don't have to suffer through this silently, there are people out there that can help you. Try talking to your doctor and/or a school social worker. That is what they are there for, to help you. Remember, you have to take the first step...it won't just fall into your lap.
You deserve to be happy, so please seek help. It is a long road to recovery as well, if it is depression that you might be diagnosed with, but there is hope for recovery. Don't give up, and please take that first step soon.

Will be rooting for you!

Take care,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
(female)

alittledeserted HB User
Re: why am i so depressed??? someone give me some advice

Hey,
I'm really sorry about all of ur difficult feelings. i was depressed for some time and felt like there was no way this was ever going to end. but here i am a successful sophomor in high school. I realize that cutting may seem to make the hurting you are feeling less stressful but in the long run all this will do for you is so leave you with scars that last a life time and a physical reminder of how life used to be. I think you can got through this and I have all the faith in the world that you will. Good luck and if you need more help please let any one of us know.
~ Ash

Closed Thread