It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

caseylane HB User
physical symptoms

Hi everyone. I am a veteran, but cant find my old registration info, so I had to get a new one. I used to go by the screen name MikeysWifey031602, if anyone remembers me. But it has been months and months since I've been here.
Anyways, I need some input. I got back into therapy in July. I've suffered w/ Depression and Anxiety pretty much all of my life. I don't remember not being a worrier... The therapy has really helped this time. I think I finally found a counselor that I mesh with. I had been doing really well up until about a month ago. Then I started getting headaches. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it though. A lot happened around that time, so I figured it was probably just me being tired or something, or maybe PMS. But, the PMS is long gone, the stressful events are gone, but the headache is still here. Now I'm sick to my stomach... I don't know what is going on. I thought it was my back, but that isn't really hurting today. From what I've researched, I'm pretty sure its a tension headache, which leads me to the depression thing. Does anyone out there believe that a person can have physical symptoms but not so much symptoms with my mood/thoughts? I still have the super low self-esteem, and self worth issues... but none of the balling my eyes out can't get out of bed that I usually experience when I get super low. I have been upset about work. I hate it here. I spend most of the time looking at job listings and trying to find something I'll be 'happy with'... maybe that is what is making me feel so sick. I don't know but I have to do something. I feel like my eyes are crossing... and my stomach... I'm trying to focus on anything but that.
Hubby said something yesterday that has me all paranoid. (what? a person with depression being paranoid? get out! surely not!!! haha) He asked me if I think I might be a hypochondriac.... I thought, well, I dont think so. I mean, I really do feel sick... but is that my brain playing tricks on me?
I guess I just need some reassurance that this isn't just my craziness talking, that I'm not imagining the fact that I feel like I'm going to puke and my head is going to pop off... and maybe a little advice. I'm going to therapy tomorrow to hopefully get some insight from her too....
Thanks for listening...
Casey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
(male)

not Rich HB User
Re: physical symptoms

You're a hypochondriac if you're worried about being mortally/very morbidly ill. If you're afraid of illness and your anxiety drives you to be persistently worried. So to answer your question - is your ill feeling in your stomach making you worried you have some intestinal disease? Is your headache worrying you that you have a brain tumour? If yes, then you're being hypochondriacal. If not, then you don't have that problem.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
(female)

caseylane HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by not Rich
You're a hypochondriac if you're worried about being mortally/very morbidly ill. If you're afraid of illness and your anxiety drives you to be persistently worried. So to answer your question - is your ill feeling in your stomach making you worried you have some intestinal disease? Is your headache worrying you that you have a brain tumour? If yes, then you're being hypochondriacal. If not, then you don't have that problem.
Ok Thanks. I'm never worried that I have a weird tumor or disease or anything...or being fatally ill... but I do go to the doctor all the time b/c I can't figure out what is wrong. I am pretty sure its not normal to feel sick pretty much all the time. But, to answer your questions... no and no. Thank you for the definition! That helps a lot. Good to know there probably isn't one more mental illness to add to my grocery list of probs..

Old 10-18-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

Hypochondria is the one disease I haven't got lol.
xxx

Old 10-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #5
(female)

caseylane HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinch
Hypochondria is the one disease I haven't got lol.
xxx
Thats what I'm hoping for too Flinch!!!
xoxox
casey

Closed Thread