It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
(male)

Kiba HB User
Unhappy Kiba's out of order!!!

Hi Arememom, JohnDiV, Sam, and everyone else !!!!!

Well I told my parents that I needed to go to the hospital Monday for my safty. There responce was that I was in no danger with my depression and my suicidal thoughts are nothing to worry with. They told me to wait another 2 months when I go back in to see my doctor about how I am doing. I told them I could not make it that far and they told me tuff luck. No matter what I do I need my parents to sign the papers to put me in the hospital but there is no way they would do that for me. What do I do? I am lossing sleep even with meds, I am lossing my hope, and I am in big danger of me doing something . I am scaired, tired of all this and could really use so friends to help me right now!

Best of Luck to ALL !!!
Your adopted Son
Kiba

PS. to Sam(mom), Tee(mom), John(big brother), and everyone else
Heart filled hugs and I love you all very much forever!

Old 10-19-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

kayte04 HB User
Re: Kiba's out of order!!!

Even under age you can make a call to your doc. If you tell him what you said here, he should be able to take it from there to get you admitted. Good luck and do what you need to be safe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Hi Kiba
I am sorry you are having to go through all of this on your own. Why are you having to wait 2 months? I thought your doctor was going to admit you by the end of the month. Is this a different doctor?

Either way, it's not fair to you!!! If you call 911, they will come out and you can explain to them what is going on. You can call your doctor on your own, like Kayte said. Do whatever it takes to stay safe. I love you, Kiba!!!! I don't want anything bad to happen to you.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Sam

Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Please call your dr! I'm going to see mine about depression tomorrow morning. I too got the same reaction from my mom as you did. I told her I might have it, and she just went "oh jeeze" and that was it. Nothing else was said about it the rest of the night. So, I called my dr. this afternoon and set an appointment up. When I told my mom, she was totally okay with it. So, I take that as a good thing. Maybe if you call your dr. to set an appointment and go to it yourself, your parents will know that your serious about this. I know I am because my family has a history of it. I'm constantly putting myself down and being put down by others. It really doesn't help. But please, don't wait two months to do something about it. You could be long gone before that.

Good Luck

Old 10-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Hi kiba,

I don't think we have spoken before but your post caught my eye. I hope that you made some progress today and called your doctor. You can also contact your local community counseling center/crisis center and tell them what you said here. Then you will be admitted.

I am sorry that your parents aren't understanding you right now. I am sure it is making it more difficult for you.

Please listen to all your friends here and go for it yourself.

Let us know how you are doing.

P.S. I also wanted to mention that I was an inpatient in August. I was there for a week and it helped me so much. I am doing much better now. Just wanted to offer some encouragment.

Debbie

Last edited by debill; 10-20-2005 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added info

Old 10-20-2005, 04:34 PM   #6
(female)

attheendofmyrope HB User

I agree. Please do whatever it takes to stay safe. I know if one of my children ever says that to me I will take them seriously because I have been through it. I just recently had to go to inpatient care for a couple of days. Call someone, anyone that you can trust, your doctor a pastor, or a close friend and tell them what you have said here and they will help you.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hey Kiba (son)

Talk to your teacher again (the one who talked to your parents). Maybe she can help again. Also, I agree with the other folks, you can call you MD and talk to him. After you tell him what's going on, maybe he'll have you come in sooner.

I continue to think of you everyday and hope that each day gets better.

Last edited by Arememom; 10-20-2005 at 10:48 PM.

Closed Thread