It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #1
(female)

indianacne HB User
Which anitdepressants have caused acne/oiliness

I have acne and I take Birth control pill to try and regulate it and usually it does a good job. Last spring due to increased stress, anxiey and depression I started on zoloft, after 5 days of it I noticed my face became super greasy and I got really jittery and had a tremor. I stopped the medication but since then I have continue to have a really oily face (since past 4 months). I want to start a treatment for depression again. Do you all have any suggestions for things that made acne worse, or better or didn't affect it at all? Is this normal to still have a really oil face after being off the zoloft? Please comment . . .

Old 10-22-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Which anitdepressants have caused acne/oiliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianacne
I have acne and I take Birth control pill to try and regulate it and usually it does a good job. Last spring due to increased stress, anxiey and depression I started on zoloft, after 5 days of it I noticed my face became super greasy and I got really jittery and had a tremor. I stopped the medication but since then I have continue to have a really oily face (since past 4 months). I want to start a treatment for depression again. Do you all have any suggestions for things that made acne worse, or better or didn't affect it at all? Is this normal to still have a really oil face after being off the zoloft? Please comment . . .

I don't know about Zoloft, but one of the side effects of Effexor for me was Acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 10:32 AM   #3
(male)

mauvais HB User

I was on Effexor for about 6 months and had no problems with acne. That is the problem and the magic of ADs- they affect everyone differently. Each AD has been blamed for everything from acne to weight gain to tremors on this board; if you're serious about treating your depression and feel you need medication, its just a trial and error you'll have to go through. Good luck

Old 10-26-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
(female)

indianacne HB User

I realize that everyone reacts idfferntly but I just want to know if anyone has had expeeriences with meds causing or increasing their acne- please let me know- also if you are on a med and it hasn't changed your acne let me know that too, any information if really appreciated

Closed Thread