It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

missadeline HB User
Content...yet sad/guilty and I don't know why.

I can't understand what is wrong with me lately.

My sleeping pattern is completely off. I'll have a few weeks of a great sleep then all of a sudden I can not sleep until 4 am in the morning and my pattern is thrown off for the next month or so.

I been having nightmares, something that I NEVER until recently. Now Im getting nightmares every other day. Nightmare like driving at night through the hard rain and my windshild of my car blacks out like a tv screen and I crash into a ditch. Or something gruesome like a factory worker holding on for dear life trying not to fall into a moten metal pit, but he falls anyways. Just really horrible dreams like this will make me wake up in tears.

I feel deeply sad but at the same time, im not... Does that make sense to anyone? It's like I kind of ignore that sadness part and go about my day. But deep down if I pay attention to it I feel so sad and guilty and Im don't know why. But I feel normal enough to ignore it and go about my day but sometimes it will surface and makes me cry. I don't even know why Im even sad, there is nothing in my life to be sad about!

Is this hormones? Some type of depression? .... Im confused. Why do I have so many mixed feelings for absolutley nothing?

Old 10-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
(male)

SylAlien HB User
Re: Content...yet sad/guilty and I don't know why.

thats defintly normal, because right about now my life, i have nothign to be depressed abotu good friends , family eveyrhtign is goign great , i mean i dotn get out that much right now cause al my friends at college aND im hoem doing nothing lol, but i get depressed seveerly soemdays like the last 2 days ive felt depression so bad, and today im liek happy its ****ing wierd, and i hate when the depression hits, because it hits hard

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
(male)

NotUnderstood HB User
Re: Content...yet sad/guilty and I don't know why.

Dear Miss,

Yes, it makes complete sense to me....these things just happen, without warning and sometimes for no apparent reason whatsoever, and there's not a whole lot that can be done about it, besides seeking therapy, taking meds if it gets to the point where you need them to function properly, somewhat like myself, and just trying to deal with it the best you can. I totally hear where you're coming from with the sleeping issues. I myself have sleeping issues, on and off. Sometimes I'll sleep fine, and it will be all good, until one day, BAM, it hits me, I can't sleep or I'm not tired enough to sleep, and so then my whole pattern is out of wack for a while afterwards.

I would suggest seeing a doctor, even if it's just a regular physician, and talking about the feelings you've been having lately, because it cannot hurt at all to get things off your chest....if anything, it will help, trust me. The physician can most likely direct you to a good place to go to get some help. As far as the feeling of guilt and sadness, that's normal with depression, even when there's no relevant reason to be depressed, like I said, it just happens sometimes...happens to the best of us! I actually haven't cried a single tear in a long time, mainly due to the fact that a lot of days, all I feel is numb or blank, even if I am severely depressed, anxious, etc. I usually don't have any tears waiting to come out. I can understand though, and it's normal, and also it's healthy and good for you to cry sometimes, it really is, so don't be too worried about that.

The main thing for you to do right now, would be to talk to someone about your feelings and try to pinpoint what the problem is and/or what can be done about it to help you. I wish you the best of luck, and hang in there. I always try to look at it like this: "It can always be worse, I'm thankful for what I have and I will do whatever it takes to make tomorrow a better day, and if it isn't, there's always the next day."

Hope to hear how things are going, and take it easy.

Sincerely.......

Closed Thread