It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

confused_chica HB User
Unhappy sad again.. how do I fight it

I have been fighting depression since 2002. My grandmother passed away then and she and I were extremely close. I went into the hospital, came down with tonsilitus, bronchitus, mono, and a few other illnesses at once. I lost about 30 pounds too.

My bf brought me out of my depression, we prayed together we held one another. My parents helped alot too. I have been doing well since then.

Today I find out my family dog back home was hit by a car. I have never had to experience that before, and all I can think is at least it was not one of my siblings. I feel so sad though. It is weird I woke up this morning, and had a bad feeling, I kept hearing a dog cry for about 2 hours and I could not go back to sleep. I feel if I had called my house and told my family to keep extra close eye on him that this might not have happened. EVen though I am so far, I feel that I could have prevented it.

How do I get rid of this feeling. I am just so sad right now.

Last edited by confused_chica; 10-22-2005 at 04:01 PM.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
(female)

Guineapig5 HB User
Re: sad again.. how do I fight it

chica, I'm quite certain that there are a great number of people who have never had to fight bad depression but who would, nonetheless, be somewhat depressed by the very bad news. As bad as the feelings of grief and guilt are, they are normal human emotions. Accept them as such, allow yourself to feel depressed, but don't allow yourself to be pulled down to the depths.. I know - easy for someone else to say, just that this attitude helped me numerous times from falling into the pit. Pamper yourself for awhile, allow a good cry here and there, go shopping, eat out at a nice restaurant with your boyfriend, go for a walk, whatever makes you feel better. No way are you responsible for your precious dogs' death.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #3
(female)

alsaser HB User
Re: sad again.. how do I fight it

Chica, Soooo sorry to hear about your dog. I just love animals and my pets all meant the world to me. It was out of your control. My condolences,

Closed Thread