It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User
can I get through depression?

Can I get through this depression? Sometimes I feel ok, then I have a day where I think the overwhekming bad feelings won't end. How do I cope. I want to be free of this for my family. I love them so much. These days where the suicidal thoughts take over are the worse, what do I do to try and cope. Please help.

Old 10-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
(female)

TonyaM HB User
Re: can I get through depression?

Hey,
I believe you can get through depression. But to offer you some more advice, I would like to know if you are medicated at all, does stress greatly effect you, do you cry a lot, things of that sort. If you are over 16, how old are you? Tell me anything you think is important, and if I need more info I will ask.

TonyaM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaM
Hey,
I believe you can get through depression. But to offer you some more advice, I would like to know if you are medicated at all, does stress greatly effect you, do you cry a lot, things of that sort. If you are over 16, how old are you? Tell me anything you think is important, and if I need more info I will ask.

TonyaM
I am not using any anti-depressants. I take Benicar for blood pressure. I am really scared right now. The days when this hits are really strong and overwhelming. I get the intense sucidal thoughts. Some times I can push it away, then all of the worrying starts after these episodes, sometimes they are from the morning on. I am scared of the meds. I tried Lexapro for 2 days, and then I had the sucidal thoghts episode 2 days later. I tried Zoloft for 11 days and had 4 intense episodes while on Zoloft. Maybe I was having these as a result of my depression getting worse, I don't know. But these episodes are intense when they happen. They take over my fellings and emotions. I guess I am afraid that a bad reaction to the anti-depressants is going to happen no matter what. I see a psyhciatrist Thursday. I just want to get better for my family.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
(female)

TonyaM HB User

I suggest giving the meds another try...I was effexor for one day and felt suicidal and went to the ER, but now I am on cymbalta and doing GREAT. Keep fighting and trying new things. Also, you sound like you may be bipolar....my psychiatrist told me that the effexor caused suicidal thoughts because I didn't have another medication to "even or level it out." I am also on a low dose of lithium. How is your sleep?

TonyaM

Old 10-23-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Quote:
I suggest giving the meds another try...I was effexor for one day and felt suicidal and went to the ER, but now I am on cymbalta and doing GREAT. Keep fighting and trying new things. Also, you sound like you may be bipolar....my psychiatrist told me that the effexor caused suicidal thoughts because I didn't have another medication to "even or level it out." I am also on a low dose of lithium. How is your sleep?

TonyaM
I have been sleeping good. I thought that bipolar meant you would have mania with it. I dont get manic. Am I missing something as far as bipolar. I don't have days of aggression I just have days of not being so down and out. I seem to deal better when I go to bed early. I wonder if my blood pressue\re med. is causing anything. What are the signs of bi-polar? I just get down all of a sudden and really get the thoughts intensly sometimes. Please respond. Thanks

Old 10-23-2005, 05:52 PM   #6
(female)

TonyaM HB User

Hey,
I am not sure if you are bipolar or not, I didn't really have the manic depression with bipolar but I did have some heightened mania episodes, like going out and just spending money. I don't think your blood pressure med would cause depression. How is your family life, how is the situation in your house?

Old 10-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Quote:
Hey,
I am not sure if you are bipolar or not, I didn't really have the manic depression with bipolar but I did have some heightened mania episodes, like going out and just spending money. I don't think your blood pressure med would cause depression. How is your family life, how is the situation in your house?
My wife is very special to me. We have a wonderful 5 year old daughter. I really struggled with all of the blood pressure meds. this summer. Plus I was laid-off for a long time. These 2 things had me worried out of my mind. I don't know what could cause this depression, unless I worried so much about myself. I have know reason to be suicidal. These thoughts just come on, and I mean come on strong. No reason that I know. Havent felt the same since trying the Lexapro and Zoloft. I can't pinpoint it. What is the reason for my depression.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #8
(female)

TonyaM HB User

You know, I don't know the reason for my depression either. Perhaps you are very very stressed out. I need a good 12 hours of sleep everyday and time to take naps or I start getting depressed. When I had a job, this wasn't possible, I worried so much about not being able to do good at my job and keep up. Perhaps your real problem is anxiety, don't be afraid to mention this to your doc. Also, there is some type of questionairre you can fill out that doctor's offices have that help identify the source of your problem.
Again, as I reread what you have written, it sounds like you are overwhelmed and can't handle all that you feel life is making you responsible for. When I was in school, there came a point where I tried SO hard but just couldn't do it anymore, even though I liked school and got good grades. I felt like I could not go on. Please respond.

TonyaM

Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Quote:
You know, I don't know the reason for my depression either. Perhaps you are very very stressed out. I need a good 12 hours of sleep everyday and time to take naps or I start getting depressed. When I had a job, this wasn't possible, I worried so much about not being able to do good at my job and keep up. Perhaps your real problem is anxiety, don't be afraid to mention this to your doc. Also, there is some type of questionairre you can fill out that doctor's offices have that help identify the source of your problem.
Again, as I reread what you have written, it sounds like you are overwhelmed and can't handle all that you feel life is making you responsible for. When I was in school, there came a point where I tried SO hard but just couldn't do it anymore, even though I liked school and got good grades. I felt like I could not go on. Please respond.

TonyaM
Would I develop these real intense suicidal thoughts and down and out moods. I know a lot of it is worry. I worried to death all summer about my blood pressure. I am told the med I take won't affect my mental state. I am just scared now about how intense these days when it hits are. Will the pychatrist know what is wrong?

Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 PM   #10
(female)

TonyaM HB User

It sounds like me you are experiencing major major anxiety and fear...I think that was the source of my depression...your pysch. may or may not know waht is wrong....But I was scared of everything...I knew I couldn't handle it anymore and this helped make me suicidal....I needed a way out and I thought the only way was suicide...your pysch should be able to help but it might take a little while...hang in there and keep responding if you feel like it.
TonyaM

Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Quote:
It sounds like me you are experiencing major major anxiety and fear...I think that was the source of my depression...your pysch. may or may not know waht is wrong....But I was scared of everything...I knew I couldn't handle it anymore and this helped make me suicidal....I needed a way out and I thought the only way was suicide...your pysch should be able to help but it might take a little while...hang in there and keep responding if you feel like it.
TonyaM
Will going on true anti-anxiety meds like zanax or ativan help me. I took one zanax one day a friend gave me and the next day was a very calm day for me. I know those meds work on the brain-chemistry.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #12
(female)

TonyaM HB User

Yes,
It should work, but you need to let your doctor know how severe your anxiety is. Doctors are often hesitant to prescribe xanax because of the abuse and possibly overuse. Perhaps I need an anti=anxiety med myself.

TonyaM

Old 10-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #13
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Quote:
Yes,
It should work, but you need to let your doctor know how severe your anxiety is. Doctors are often hesitant to prescribe xanax because of the abuse and possibly overuse. Perhaps I need an anti=anxiety med myself.

TonyaM
I am just wanting to get better. I wonder if the anti-depressants will make it worse. Maybe true therapy will help. I pray alot and my family is helping me.

Closed Thread