It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User
Unhappy so frustrated...don't know where to go from here...

Hi all,

I've been having a really bad week. I've been having some really bad flashbacks and night terrors and they are tearing me apart. I wake up each morning with tears in my eyes, because my dreams are so harsh....it tears me apart. How am I supposed to have a good day when I wake up to that?? Plus I'm so frustrated with feeling so disconnected, so out of it. I feel so dead, so lifeless, I just don't know what to do about it, but it is frustrating the heck outta me!

I'm so depressed right now that I don't even want to leave my room. I don't want to look anyone in the eye because I'm so ashamed for my weakness. I don't even want to eat, or drink anything, I just want to lay here and not move from this spot....I know that sounds horrible, but it's true. I don't want any social interaction whatsoever. I just don't know what to do with myself....I'm just so frustrated...

Please help me...
I don't know where to go from here....

-Angel

Old 10-23-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User
Re: so frustrated...don't know where to go from here...

Oh angel, i wish i could say something to help. I know you've been having a hard time , no wonder your body's so tired, you need to rest both pysically and emotionally, just stay in bed and put your mind into something trivial and peaceful... I know how you feel, but you have to eat and move and sustain yourself. You may feel weak, but you have to know that when you are weak you need help, to treat yourself kindly, have you told your councellor how you're feeling or talked to anyone?
The flash backs, what do they centre on? Is it something you want to talk about? Whatever the case I'm here, praying that you find some rest.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User

My flashbacks are of when I was in the mental hospital. I hated being there and just the thought of everything that happened leading up to it and while I was there is horrifying. I actually slept, but my body just isn't recovering from this. I just feel so anti-social right now. I seriously think if someone knocked on my door right now I'd turn them away.

I just can't handle this pain...it's so hard..I want nothing more than to self-injure...but I've done so good...I just don't know...I really want/need to. I wish my counselor was available 24 hrs. a day, I know that is horrible, but I wish she was. I just don't know what to do with myself...I need to get off my a**, but I just don't have the motivation. I just don't know what to do with myself...

Old 10-23-2005, 01:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

please please please don't hurt yourself, you are doing so well and fighting so hard and i know each step forward is herder than the last but please keep going.
If it gets really bad call a support line or something.
Was it self injuring that led to you going into hospital or was it something else?

Old 10-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

ok, don't answer that if you don't want, realised it might be a bad question. but am praying for you anyways,
xxx

Old 10-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User

I went to the hospital because I overdosed on medicine. After I was treated at the regular hospital, I was sent there. I just wish I had never done that. And I just feel so bad about it. I'm sorry, I self-injured...I had to, I couldn't help it...i had to. I feel so bad about it, but I had to, I really did. I know it is hard to understand, but I had to.

Old 10-23-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

I understand, I wish you didn't have to but I understand. A friend of mine did the same thing and got sent to hopital, she says the same thing - she hated it, she wishes she'd never gone there. Personally I think the whole system for treatment of depression needs a serious revamp, it's not a problem that can be segregated and made to go away.
Just wishing I could be there for you. Take care of yourself, you're too precious not to, trust me.
xxx

Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
(female)

Lucky Lucy HB UserLucky Lucy HB User

Hi there

Im bi polar2 , and recently just had a crash . (very bad depression phase)
The doctor switched my meds, and i had blood work done. I am really low on vit. b12 and that gives you energy. Also if you are low on this vit. it can cause depression .

So maybe you should get your blood taken! And lots of exercise, it increase endorpins in your brain, which make u happy

Old 11-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #9
(female)

Lucky Lucy HB UserLucky Lucy HB User

Also , when i was feeling where you are right now, i went to the crisis center at the hospital. The lady actually understood, and two days later they called and asked if i wanted company. Like they come over to your house, and you can vent. Maybe something you would be interested in . Crisis hotlines are 24/7 as well

Closed Thread