It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User
Lexapro Side Effects

Alright
I have already tried a post in the Ance Board and really did not get what I was looking for.
Does Lexapro cause the shakes? If I lift anything from a cup or my keys I shake a lot. I also noticed since I started lexapro my anxiety has rised and I think I have restless leg sym. I feel Lexapro has helped a little with the depression but I still feel like whatever or maybe I lazy.
I am only taking 10mg daily so maybe I need to up it or should I asked the doc to take me off?
Thanks

Old 10-24-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Re: Lexapro Side Effects

Hi bori -

Yep, i tihnk it does cause the shakes. Not for me, but another gal I know on it has shaky hands, and it can cause breakthrough anxiety. How long have you been on it? it can take as much as 6 weeks for the initial effects to wear off. I would stay at 10 mg for a while if it is helping your depression.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Talking Re: Lexapro Side Effects

Hi boricuaitaliano!

I was taking Lexapro 10mg a day and it caused me to feel very restless at night, my legs felt very restless....I totally know what you mean by that. I didn't have the shakes when I took it but it definatley kept me up at night and I felt like my legs were very restless.

I stopped taking it on my own (I don't recommend this) but really you should call your dr. How long have u been taking it?

I am not on Wellburtin XL and so far there have been next to NO side affects....

Old 10-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
(male)

CtRich HB User

I gained 35 pounds while on lexapro.
I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 06:25 PM   #5
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User

Wow,
I didnt know Lexapro cause weight gain, no wonder for my 5 pounds gained. I dont feel depressed but yet I dont feel happy. I cant stand this shaking stuff and constantly shaking my leg. Since I have been taking this for a month I will give it another month to see what happends. But the labido is GONE! Maybe one I stop the Accutane I will stop the anti-depressants.
I mostly feel negative throughout my day and I was hoping that Lexapro would help but only time wil tell, no?
thnx

Old 11-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #6
(female)

rombobinee HB User

Hi!

I was on Lexapro and the only side effect I had was I lost the ability to cry. I did both gain, and lose weight while on Lexapro, but I can say that was more me than the medicine.

Good luck!
Reenie

Closed Thread