It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
(female)

Samantha73 HB User
Wellbutrin SR Anxiety side effect...does it go away?

hi, I was prescribed Wellbutrin SR 150 two times a day back in july, but I haven't been able to take it for more than 3 or 4 days because by then, I start having really REALLY bad panic attacks and anxiety. I am supposed to take it for anxiety/depression, so it seems a little counter-productive to take it if it will cause anxiety!! Does this side effect go away? I have had severe depression for the past year, and I actually do notice a big difference in the few days that I take the wellbutrin, but when the anxiety kicks in, it scares me and I quit. If I know that this will go away after a few weeks, I could probably make it through becuase it does really seem to help lift the cloud I am living under. One nice thing is that I don't want to smoke at ALL within 30 minutes of taking the pill! it's great! I just need to figure out if the anxiety will go away.thanks!

Old 12-16-2005, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: Wellbutrin SR Anxiety side effect...does it go away?

I do not know the answer to your question but I am thinking about taking it for depression and I worry I will get the anxiety along with it after reading a lot of these posts. My mom takes it for depression and anxiety and she said she never got the bad side effects of it increasing her anxiety. She said it has worked really well to calm her. She has been on it for a while and was starting to have anxiety again so the doctor upped her dose and the anxiety went away. I hope someone here knows the answer to your question because I would like to know too. Also my husband works with a guy who takes Wellbutrin to help with quitting smoking. He felt jittery from it at first and then that went away. So would you describe it as a jittery feeling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
(male)

ZoloftMan HB User
Re: Wellbutrin SR Anxiety side effect...does it go away?

((((Samantha73)))

I tried the Wellbutrin XL for 8 days and it made me very restless, agitated and nervous. There were all side effects of it. Also, I felt sort of constrictions in my throat from all of those, especially after eating or chewing gum.

However, I have read where others did not have these side effects.

Zoloftman

Closed Thread