It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User
Dilantin for Depression & Anxiety

Hi everyone. I wanted to create this thread for people who aren't ready for natural supplements but are frustrated by the side effects of their meds. I have been talking about my success with fish oil helping me get off anti-depressants and am now drug free and feeling better all the time. I want to inform you of a drug that did not work me but has for millions of others. Dilantin is a little known drug with no side effects for most people and relieves depression/anxiety without causing drowsiness.

It is from 1938, patent has expired long ago and is only a few dollars a bottle. This drug literally cures so many illnesses that drug companies don't want doctors knowing about it. They want to promote new expensive drugs they make millions on. No profit from Dilantin at $3.00 per 30 pills.

So this wall street mogel named Jack Dreyfus fell ill with depression in the 1950s with weird violent thoughts and anger that were invading his mind. His doctor put him on 100mg Dilantin which calmed the neurotransmitters down in his brain, the racing thoughts disapeared in an hour and depression gone by the next day. Jack Dreyfus was so amazed by this drug that had no side effects, no drowsiness, that he found several other people with uncontrollable thoughts and depression to try the drug through their doc and it cured them, too. Now he goes on a crusade to bring Dilantin to more doctors. He finds studies about the drug and sends copies to 400, 000 M.D.s in U.S., writes to congressman, the FDA, even gets to have a meeting with President Reagan about it. He spent 30 years of his life promoting Dilantin, funding studies, all to persuade the FDA to change their official recommendation of Dilantin as an anti-convulsant to a broader range of illnesses including depression. They have never changed it. The drug would put other drugs out of commission. They never gave Dreyfus a reason. He is dead now, but he wrote a book about Dilantin called "A Remarkable Medicine Has Been Overlooked." You can read the whole thing online for free. It literally works in an hour for multiple thoughts invading your mind. It falls under the "smart drug" category as numerous studies have shown it vastly improves I.Q. and concentration.

I am medication free now with omega 3 fish oil and don't believe I ever benefitted from meds. The reason I'm telling you about this drug is the simple fact that it works for many people and their doctors don't know about it unless they are an orthomolecular doc. Mine put me on it because I had such extreme anxiety he thought it would help calm my mind down. For whatever reason, it did not do anything for me. I even tried taking it 3 times a day to no effect. Possible it helped a little but not enough for me to notice. The 100mg dose is the standard for depression or anxiety/rapid thoughts. It is a mild dose that is used for children with epilepsy so is very mild for adults with depression.

The good thing is it will work in one day or not at all. So you will know very quickly as opposed to waiting weeks for anti-depressants to kick in. It's so cheap it's worth a try.

I'm interested in feed back from this thread if any of you venture to ask your doc to try Dilantin (Phenytoin) with you. However, you will probably have to educate the doc about the drug since it's still listed as an anti-convulsant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User
Re: Dilantin for Depression & Anxiety

yea I knew Dilanton was a seizure med but didn't know of the other. I will check in to it though. Thanks

Old 12-19-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

bigirlroks HB User

I will def ask my gp to see if we have this med available here in Oz. Thanks for the thread though, very thoughtful of you...if it works its gotta be good and NO SIDE EFFECTS, i like that i hope the guy from the UK reads this thread.

Bigirlrocks

Old 12-19-2005, 10:54 PM   #4
(female)

LushStars HB User

You can only get it from your doctor?

Old 12-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User

Yea its by prescription.