It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
Lexapro and being tired all the time

I started taking a very small dose of lexapro about three weeks ago ( 5 mg. I cut a 10 mg in half). I take it is the morning and do feel a slight lift in my mood. But I am so tired now. I could sleep througout the day, where as before I was not sleeping well.

Has anyone felt sleepiness/tireness as a side effect of Lexapro? I do not know if this will pass or get off it? I would like to hear about side effects from others who have taken it.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
(male)

nuttyprof. HB User
Re: Lexapro and being tired all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillo pie
I started taking a very small dose of lexapro about three weeks ago ( 5 mg. I cut a 10 mg in half). I take it is the morning and do feel a slight lift in my mood. But I am so tired now. I could sleep througout the day, where as before I was not sleeping well.

Has anyone felt sleepiness/tireness as a side effect of Lexapro? I do not know if this will pass or get off it? I would like to hear about side effects from others who have taken it.
Lexapro made me very tired. For the most part I even felt more depressed and anxious too. I would never go back on it again. I think Paxil and Zoloft are much better. Right now I'm taking Zoloft and it's starting to really "kick in" and is helping me immensely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
(male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyprof.
Lexapro made me very tired. For the most part I even felt more depressed and anxious too. I would never go back on it again. I think Paxil and Zoloft are much better. Right now I'm taking Zoloft and it's starting to really "kick in" and is helping me immensely.
(((Nuttyprof.))),

So things are now going better for you on Zoloft? I have decided that the additional 50mg is too much for me. I did not take the additional yesterday and had a good day; however, I took it today and anxiety again. The same thing happened on Saturday.

Thanks,
Zoloftman

Old 01-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

My doctor told me to take lexapro at night, because it can make you tired. I was really tired when I took lexapro, but that's what I needed....for my anxiety to "calm" down. Then my dr. put me back on 100mg zoloft and that really revved me up. I'm back trying the lex again, because of the anxiety issue. I don't feel as tired this go round. I think the tiredness is supposed to go away with time, but as we all know....everyone is different! I know several people on here augment thier lexapro with wellbutrin xl. I may consider that down the road.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
(female)

Saz25 HB User

Lexapro contains citalopram which i recently started. I have been having a similar problem with the citalopram. I am so tired all the time yet wether i take it morning or night i am still tired yet of a night i can not sleep. This should pass with time it has not passed for me yet, however i have only been on them for 2 weeks.

xx

Old 01-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
(male)

nuttyprof. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoloftMan
(((Nuttyprof.))),

So things are now going better for you on Zoloft? I have decided that the additional 50mg is too much for me. I did not take the additional yesterday and had a good day; however, I took it today and anxiety again. The same thing happened on Saturday.

Thanks,
Zoloftman
Yes, things have been going much better recently. I have more energy and I can get out and do stuff. If I were you I would just stick to the 100mg. More doesnt necessarily mean better. If you feel you're not really responding the way you would like, maybe you can try a different ad.

good luck

Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #7
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

Thanks for the replies. I am going to call my Dr today and ask about taking the Lexapro before bedtime. Also is it good for anxiety? Mine seems to have subsided abit and I do not know if that is because I have company here and am busy with them so I have little free time to get caught up in my thoughts or if it the Lexapro.
Does anyone have anything else to share about Lexapro? I was also thnking of maybe taking 10 mg. every other day and 5 mg on alternate days.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
(female)

Guineapig5 HB User

The first time I took lexapro I moved up to 10 mg pretty quickly. It took care of 90% of the anxiety which was great ! , but I became very fatigued, and couldn't continue. Now I am on my 9th day of taking 5 mg, and I'm planning on sticking to this dose for quite awhile. I too am planning on changing my dosing schedule to nighttime, as I am drowsy even on the lower dose.

Yes, armadillo pie (cute name!), lexapro works great for eliminating anxiety for many people.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #9
(female)

Guineapig5 HB User
Question Re: Lexapro and being tired all the time

Armadillo Pie and Saz, how are you doing? I've been taking the lexapro at night, and haven't been nearly as tired during the day. The downside has been that it's harder for me to sleep. and I need a megadose of sleeping pills to feel rested. Anyway, I'm encouraged that the fatigue isn't as bad this time around? How about you?

Closed Thread