It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2002, 06:24 PM   #1
Inactive

quickfix HB User
Post Why are some people so heartless?

I've just had bad luck running into heartless people. I mean, its people like them that make us depressed and then they go about their merry way not
even knowing what they did.
The people in this group know about caring and feeling for others, so we get hurt more when people are thoughtless and cruel.
It just makes me not want to go anywhere anymore.
I just can't take it. How do you deal with
mean people? I just keep getting up and dusting myself off, but then I find myself knocked down again.
If it happens again, I'll just want to lay there
and never get up to face another hurtful situation.

quickfix

Old 09-10-2002, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

catgirl HB User
Quickfix

I understand what your saying. People are so cruel sometimes, but what helps me is knowing that these cruel people have very serious problems to make them so mean & uncaring.

If you think about it, it makes sense. If their mean & cruel they eventually drive everyone who cares about them away. Then all they have is their own miserable existance.

Who would want to live that way or with themselves like that. So feel good about yourself that you not that way & that you have an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Cat

P.S. I forgot to tell you that what cruel people to other's usually comes back to bite them in the but anyway. So they get to deal with that as well.

[This message has been edited by catgirl (edited 09-10-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2002, 07:02 PM   #3
Inactive

nlathers HB User
Talking

I have this theory that the world would be a better place if everybody had a bout of clinical depression for at least 2-3 months, then they would see deep down what jerks other people can be. Then, as long as they didn't forget what it was like when they were depressed, they would be less of a jerk (theoretically). Of course, some people would need 'maintenance depression' periodically, if they got out of line.

--NL

Old 09-10-2002, 07:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

catgirl HB User
LOL Nlathers,

Let's inflict them with depression for awhile & see how they like it. Very good one by the way. Cat

Old 09-10-2002, 07:39 PM   #5
Inactive

nlathers HB User
Exclamation

Don't get me started chrys I've heard it all before, sudsy, soapy, working up a lather, blathers; - HEY MINERVA how the heck do we change our login names/geographic locations on this stupid thing?!

[This message has been edited by nlathers (edited 09-10-2002).]

Old 09-10-2002, 09:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

ffsmith HB User
Your post really hits home with me quickfix.

Uncaring people 1) lawyers is have met 2) police I have met 3) parents.

I do not go out any more. I drive to work in a frightened panic and I drive home the same way and that is it.

I do not want to talk to my lawyer ever again, and it is not that he is mean or nasty it is just that his action and inaction really hurts like you say. He is inconsiderate.

Then there are my parents. My mother talked to me today. She basically laughed off of the heartless stuff she has done to me and said let’s start over. She does not understand the hurt, does not want to make up for it or even want to take responsibility for doing anything harmful.

Some theories say that “we” are the most at blame for letting these people get to us, hurt us and made us feel bad.
That could be partially true. But I do not buy it. And I do not think you should either.

When ever possible we have to gravitate towards good-hearted people like Chrys says. And I think it would help to demand it of or local courts, governments, and police and other public services because I do not think it is there now.

Old 09-11-2002, 02:23 PM   #7
Inactive

nlathers HB User
Talking

No, I know you weren't, I in turn was just kidding around - sometimes my sense of humor IS a little hard to decipher!
But I was wondering how we change our usernames because I don't want everyone around here(VA) to know I have the big 'D', and your post re-alerted me to the necessity to change it.
You know I would not put it beyond employers in various industries around here to search these boards...insurance and all..

Old 09-11-2002, 06:00 PM   #8
Inactive

quickfix HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by nlathers:
No, I know you weren't, I in turn was just kidding around - sometimes my sense of humor IS a little hard to decipher!
But I was wondering how we change our usernames because I don't want everyone around here(VA) to know I have the big 'D', and your post re-alerted me to the necessity to change it.
You know I would not put it beyond employers in various industries around here to search these boards...insurance and all..

Yeah I wonder if anyone can tell who we are. I'd like to tell more of what happened to me, but I'm afraid
someone will find out that I'm here because what I'm saying might sound familiar to them.
Its sad that we can't say what we want because of what
other might think or do.
I guess I'll change my username, but then how do you
guys know that I'm me?

Old 09-11-2002, 06:11 PM   #9
Veteran

bev52 HB User
Under your 'new' name give us a clue...like in conversation you might say something like 'everybody is looking for a quickfix.' Whatta ya think? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif
I'm so green I didn't even think of that and put my real name! Sheesh! Also, would I lose my 3 stars?LOL

Old 09-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

catgirl HB User
Pssssttt,

Tell you a secret. When I first started I worried about being discovered too. But guess what? I've been here a long time & know one that I associate with knows about this board unless I have directly spoken with them about it.

Shoot how would they unless they did exactly the same thing we did in discovering this board. Search on depression & how many would have the patience to do that & keep searching & then read all the posts to discover if someone they knew had depression.

Think about it. Most people would not go to that time & effort to get the poop on someone without knowing that for certian their search was going to result in answers. It just is not going to happen.

As far as changing the info on yourself. Go to your profile i.e. click on your name, go to profile & change the information you want. But personally, I'd like nlathers to keep the name. It's kinda fun to tease soapy suds. Cat

Old 09-11-2002, 06:54 PM   #11
Inactive

nlathers HB User
bev, quickfix:
What bev mentions above is exactly what I'm talking about, people who have put their real names. Quickfix,
I don't think I'd worry to much in your case, the odds seem pretty remote that someone who knows you would happen to log onto the board, figure out who you are, then use it against you. On the other hand, people who have put their real names are subject to being 'searched' on, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that companies and insurance agencies get on this board and try to 'screen out the hot potatoes' No, paranoia is not part of my diagnosis

---"It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you"
from AMA Magazine, 1979, A motorcyclist writing about being purposely run off the road by car drivers.

---"Even if I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean nobody's following us" from Charles Bronson movie

--"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean nobody's out to get me!" --Alfred E Neumann, MAD Magazine

Closed Thread