It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
(female)

More-than-words HB User
sudden depression

Hey--i am trying to find someone who can help me, im too scared to talk to close friends and family and school administartors, etc. -- Im only 14 and ive had a huge change in my life- i dont know who i am anymore- i think its depression-- I have mood swings alot- and outrages on my family and friends who i love so much- i always feel like i am all alone. I keep thinking no one cares about me. --Before this year i have never been this way. Ive always been pretty happy, ive always had friends and a big family and ive always been on my school basketball team and in alot of sport activities but now all of a sudden i freak out about little things, i get so frustrated with my friends, and im really paranoid and i cry alot. I think about running away and i stay up soo late.. reflecting all the bad things in my life.. this isnt me at all! im so nervous and jumpy and before i was soo mellowed out.. i can't stand it, its slowky breaking me down. I dont feel like playing basketball, which i love soo much, and i dont feel like spending time with my family.. Im so sorry for taking your time but i think i need help and im scared and i feel soo lonely and i need something.. please help me.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: sudden depression

Hey there: I just finished reading your post and felt that I needed to respond. What you described could be considered the onset of depression but at the same time it could be puberty. If you truly feel you are depressed, only you can make this decision, find someone to talk to that you can trust and be open with. You might try talking with your friends and you might be surprised to find that they are also in the same boat.

Best of Luck
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

macadamiaNUT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by More-than-words
all of a sudden i freak out about little things, i get so frustrated with my friends, and im really paranoid and i cry alot. I think about running away and i stay up soo late.. reflecting all the bad things in my life.. this isnt me at all! im so nervous and jumpy
Feeling frustrated, paranoid, crying a lot and wanting to run away, plus it sounds like your mind is busy and keeping you awake--this all sounds like it could be depression. And since you chose this board out of all the ones here, trust your own intuition about yourself.

As the prev. poster said it could also be related to hormone changes.

Either way, it sounds like getting in touch with someone who can help you would be a good idea. .... hmm... could you print out your post and give it to one of your parents? Ideally you should see your doctor, or a doctor. That would be the best source of help to solve your challenge. You might also try your local "help line" or crisis line (not that you mentioned a crisis) just to talk to someone live, anonymously. There's a way to block any caller ID if that helps too. Probably the front of your phone book would have information for both.

best wishes

Old 01-08-2006, 04:10 AM   #4
(female)

glamaz0n HB User

Sounds like a combo of depression and hormones.

I don't remember when I was your age, but a few years ago my depression seemed to come on suddenly also. I thought I was OK. Had a job, a good relationship, friends, worked out a lot, in short, I had a life. I wasn't staying home all day in my PJs watching TV. But then during counseling I realized it had been building over the years into an unmanageable state. Finally I couldn't hide it any more because I couldn't stop crying.

Anyway, talk to your family, go to a doc, give counseling & meds etc. a shot. The most important thing is not keeping it all to yourself. If you try and keep it all inside it will only get worse.

Closed Thread