It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
(male)

DreamUnderscore HB User
Effexor XR & sexual side effect?

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone here had a sexual side effect with Effexor XR or something similar. I'm a young man and I have a hard time getting a full erection on Effexor and keeping it. What can be done about it if there is anything?

I heard adding Wellbutrin helps and that usually takes care of it...is this true and has anyone used the combo?

Any other thing I could try w/out the sexual side effects?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: Effexor XR & sexual side effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamUnderscore
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone here had a sexual side effect with Effexor XR or something similar. I'm a young man and I have a hard time getting a full erection on Effexor and keeping it. What can be done about it if there is anything?

I heard adding Wellbutrin helps and that usually takes care of it...is this true and has anyone used the combo?

Any other thing I could try w/out the sexual side effects?
I am not on Effexor but I am on Lexapro and they say that has sexual side effects. I am also on Wellbutrin XL and my doctor told me that would counteract the sexual side effects. I haven't been on them very long at all so I'll have to see.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 06:55 AM   #3
(female)

Anterrabae HB User
Re: Effexor XR & sexual side effect?

I am a girl and I had pretty strong sexual side effects from Prozac and was then switched onto Effexor XR and, while it was sometimes a problem, the side effects were milder than when I was on Prozac. So it really varies form person to person. If this is something that really concerns you, you should talk to your doctor about switching meds.

Closed Thread