It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Does Prozac make you feel like crap when you first start taking it?

I am allergic to Lexapro and am going to have to stop taking it. I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow. He wanted me to try Prozac but I refused to take it. Now I wish I had started that instead since I had had hives all over my face today. So how long do the nausea and dizziness last then you first start Prozac. I had both of those symptoms from starting Wellbutrin and Lexapro. The Lexapro was really hard to adjust to. I would like to know how hard it is to adjust to Prozac.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

macadamiaNUT HB User
Re: Does Prozac make you feel like crap when you first start taking it?

The hard thing about it all is no one responds exactly the same way, right? I've never had hives. I did try one pill of Prozac but didn't like how it made my body feel so never took another one. Of course that set me up to be afraid to take ANY a/d's and THAT didn't help. But that's another thread.

I'm afraid the answer might be "it depends". Big help, I know (NOT!).

mNUT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Hey thanks for the help....lol...just kidding.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

roz5 HB User

Well, I started the Prozac today (actually, the generic form). I did take it for 2 days last week and then chickened out (don't ask me why!) and stopped. Then, I had such a bad day yesterday that I decided I needed something to make life bearable. Sure, I can do everything possible to improve life (self-empowerment I believe it's called). However, reality says that my life isn't going to change much.....being a wife & mother of 3 young sons. I owe so much of my time to them right now that I can't focus on "me", other than seeing my therapist weekly (which is a welcomed addition to my life). So, here's hoping the Prozac can help.
Additionally, I do realize that I have OCD and a great deal of anxiety. My only fear, as is everyone's fear with AD's is the weight gain.
Here's hoping that Prozac will help me to feel good again!

Old 01-28-2006, 06:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I really hope the Prozac works for you Roz and doesn't make you gain weight.
I got Zoloft from my doctor. They didn't have any samples of prozac so he put me on Zoloft instead. Either one is a crap shoot as far as I can tell with these anti-depressants so I was willing to try whatever he threw at me since you never know how you're going to react. I took my first Zoloft 1 hour ago and so far feel pretty normal. Lets both keep our fingers crossed that these work for us.

Closed Thread