It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2002, 06:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

EddieDean HB User
Post Why am I so sad all the time?

Hello,
I am a 23 year old female with an absolutely fantastic life. I have a family who loves and supports me, a very serious boyfriend who I have an incredibly healthy relationship with, and a job that gives me great satisfaction. Still, I find myself going through periods of extreme disatisfaction and unhappiness with my life and I have no idea why. A lot of it revolves around stresses with my job (I'm a teacher and the kids can drive me CRAZY some days!), but I also find myself crying over miniscule problems in my relationships with people. I want to be happy and enjoy the holiday season because this is my favorite time of the year, but I am finding myself so sad and stressed out that I can't settle down and enjoy my life. Is there something chemically wrong with me or is this just a mood swing?

I have been on birth control for almost 8 years (to regulate periods), and am also on lots of meds for sinus issues. Perhaps those are to blame? Anyway, I am just sick of feeling sad and empty all the time when I have so many great things going in my life. If anyone has any advice or ideas, please let me know. Thanks, and best wishes for a happy holiday season!!

Old 12-03-2002, 03:07 AM   #2

ravekane HB User
Hi, Well it sounds like you have a lot of positives in your life. You have a loving family, loving boyfriend and a good job, a lot of us wish we could be that far advanced at 23 yrs old. Mabye you have depression, I would go see your DR to see what he/she tells you. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2002, 04:52 AM   #3

Bubbly20 HB User
Sometimes even though we have so many good things and still feel bad, then guilty - its hard to understand why.

It could be depression, clinical or not...

Have you talked to people about how you feel? Its actually very theraputic getting some things off your chest..but if you really dont know whats wrong then best to see your doctor..

Take care

Bubbly x

Old 12-04-2002, 06:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

EddieDean HB User
Thanks for your advice and words of encouragement....just writing my thoughts on here has helped me to sort things out a bit.

I guess my problem is that I go up and down. One minute I'll be flying high, and the next I am totally frustrated and sad. I've always cried a lot, but sometimes I find myself crying for absolutely no reason! The worst feeling is the emptiness I sometimes get, and when I look around I have absolutely no idea how to get rid of it.

I had a dream the other night that I was standing on a cliff with some guy. We both were crying our eyes out. I asked him what was the matter and he told me that he felt totally empty because he lost his true love and was going to try and find her. When he asked me why I was crying, I told him I felt empty too...but realized that I had absolutely nothing to look for. I woke up utterly depressed and trying to figure out why I feel so empty and sad when there is nothing to search for! I'm sure this shows my true feelings...that I am missing something in my life...but I have no idea what it is. I'm going to try out for a community play next week and am going to start taking dancing classes to see if doing something other then school will perk me up. Maybe I need to make some new friends and change my routine a little. Also, I am moving away with my boyfriend next summer when he goes to graduate school, so I think a large part of me is struggling with leaving my family and getting a new job. Those stresses probably are manifesting itself in my mood....I just hope I make the right choices and all this sadness and confusion goes away.

Anyway, thanks so much to those who responded. You guys are the best!

Closed Thread