It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2003, 09:04 PM   #1

Just Barb HB User
Post What time of day do you take your AD?

I've responded to some, but never questioned. Tonight I have the nerve to ask...
Do you take your Lexapro in the morning or at night? Why? When they say take Buspirone two times a day, do they mean every 12 hours, say 7 and 7? Or do they mean once when you get up and once again when you started feeling like you need to calm down again (--for me this hits at about 4pm)? Those on BusPar, what does 2x/day mean to you?
A little history:
I am on Lexapro and have been for about eight weeks. I was told to take 10mg of Lexapro once a day for two weeks, then go off the Prozac I had been on for over 14 years. This MD wanted me to go cold turkey off Prozac but the pharmacist suggested a taper. After the first week I felt so good I decided to quit the Prozac early. The feel good lasted for two more weeks and for the first time in my Adult life I was sleeping sound at night. Then the Prozac withdrawals set in and I began to have some problems: mild vertigo, brain lag, fuzzies, and tired after I ate. The MD upped the dose to 20mg. I missed some days at work had some serious crying jags, and finally asked the MD to send me to someone who understood AD's and would maybe understand what was happening. The PDr suggested upping the Lexapro to 30mg and taking it at night and added Buspirone 15mg(aka BuSpar) to the mix, one half tablet two times a day. He said I was suffering from anxiety and stress. After a week I wasn't sleeping as well and had restless and painful legs as well as shoulder pains.
I started taking the Lexapro during the mornings again and am sleeping much better at night. I have been trying to take the Buspirone every twelve hours at 7 and 7. This week I went to the full tablet 2x/day and am feeling much better. The crying jags have stopped also as of Monday.
Thanks for your imput.

------------------
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #2

JDtweety HB User
Hi Barb,

When I took Busbar, It was twice a day and I believe I took it about 8-10 hours apart. I didnt take Busbar for very long because it didnt seem to help. I am also on Lexapro and I have always taken my antidepressants in the morning. I have found that I sleep better at night. I am sorry you had such made withdrawals from the Prozac. I guess I am a little surprised because when ever I have switched my SSRI's (paxil to prozac, prozac to celexa, celexa to lexapro), I have never had any trouble because they are in the same family. But, I guess everyone does react differently. I wish you the best of luck!

JD

Old 03-28-2003, 10:39 PM   #3

Just Barb HB User
Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful. I was surprised when the Pdoc wanted me to take 30mg Lexapro at night. The Buspirone has helped me tremendously, to take some stressors in stride. I'm taking 30mg now (15 2x/day) I am wondering if I'm taking too much Lexapro?
I have a DRs appt next Thurs to have my ears checked to see if I have some sort of inner ear infection going on. Gotta figure out why I'm so dizzy some moments especially when I move to fast. Like being on a swing going backward with my eyes closed only the sensation centers around the right side of my brain. Same place I'm having all the noise. My meds were changed when I asked the Dr if the noise I was having was the generic Prozac I was taking and he decided I'd been on too long and wanted me off. The noise is louder now and so constant I'm having some difficulty with it..

I'm soo http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif
Barb
Would really like to know when people take their meds.

Closed Thread