It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #1

BLJ HB User
Question What are the symptoms of an Emotional Breakdown?????

What are the symptoms of an emotional breakdown?????

I'd like to know because I feel like I'm going through one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
Veteran

HeyThere HB User
It depends on how you deal with stress.
Emotional Breakdown from relationships w/others or health?

either excessive sleep or insomnia
either overeating or no eating
you cannot stand to be in the same room with that person because your stomach is physically making you feel nautious and or dizzy or shaky.
You can't breathe or get a handle of yourself daily
you wake up from a sleeping state screaming out
you cry constantly can't get the thoughts about it out of your head.

Someday you will look back and have your 20/20 vision and see the whole picture, the key is to move forward and realize everything is for a reason. If life were made to be easy and nothing to learn from there would not be a purpose to humanity.

It is normal for one to breakdown once in a lifetime because of death, health, relationship issues-
relationship to get over together 4 years then 2 years to recover. half the time of the relationship to recooperate.
Death issues take longer, and usually mellow out with time and talking about it or making peace.
Health issues take shorter time because you have to come to terms with it. It is a innate survival skill.

It sounds like you have already come to the point of realizing it is not healthy to dwell in it anymore. That is the start. Take a multivitamin it helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2003, 03:15 PM   #3

BLJ HB User
Thumbs up

Hey HeyThere,

Thanks for your input! From the symptoms that you described:

either excessive sleep or insomnia
either overeating or no eating
you cannot stand to be in the same room with that person because your stomach is physically making you feel nautious and or dizzy or shaky.
You can't breathe or get a handle of yourself daily
you wake up from a sleeping state screaming out
you cry constantly can't get the thoughts about it out of your head.

.......I'm definately not experiencing those. Thank goodness.

I'm dealing with relationship issues. Also, the one year anniversary of my Mother passing away is coming up. It just seems like it's really easy for me to start crying over things. But, I guess that is to be expected with what's going on in my life right now.

I take a multivitamin and two Vit C's along with folic acid every day, have been for as long as I can remember. However, about 6 weeks ago I started taking Rhodiola Rosea. It's an herb that's suppose to help with depression and stress. I really can't tell if it's helping or not but I guess I'll keep taking it until I finish the bottle.

Thanks

Closed Thread