It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

MagicSunshine HB User
Smile Listen To The Doctor!!

Hello Friends,

I went to the Dr. yesterday and I was loaded with questions. I have been on 10 mg lexapro since Feb.21. When a patient is on an AD, they have to come in for an office business every two weeks. She showed me some interesting things. She explained exatly how lexapro works. After talking we have decided 5mg's might be enough since I still take the elavil, too.

Second thing I have to look forward to is getting off the fentynal duragesic pain patch. 75 mcg. She cut me down to 50 mcg and hopefully that won't bother me. I'm a little afraid though.

I had good results coming off the vicodin after my surgery, so maybe this will go well, too. It was an extremely painful surgery, but even though I can't move my upper left arm, I can still use the forearm and fingers. (three of the fingers are numb.)

Then she told me some things I had forgotten when I told her about some people trying to talk others out of taking meds. She reminded me that when I was put on xanax I was told not to eat grapefruit with it. Also, after taking my potassium I should not lay down for 30 minutes. This made me realize that I really am informed about the drugs I'm taking. I also play a part in what I'm taking and if it bothers me, I can stop it anytime with her help.

I have blood drawn everytime I have an appt. because my potassium goes low from the lasix I take for edema in my feet and ankles. All and all, I would say I have a darn good good Dr. and I trust her completely.

I think we should do what our Drs. tell us as long as we are aware of what they do and why we need them. I feel better since I went yesterday.

Big Hugs....Connie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User
Re: Listen To The Doctor!!

I'm happy for you! Sounds like you have a great doctor. You are right...I think we should listen to our doctor, but be educated on what we are taking and doing for our bodies. My doctor has always been honest with me regarding side effects of medications. He has never had a reason to lie to me. How is the lexapro working for you?

Closed Thread