It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 08:51 AM   #1

ElizabethLost HB User
Red face Increased sex drive on Zoloft? Am I crazy?

Warning...this is a bit sexual in nature so if you are easily offended, you might not want to continue...

Well, this is day 4 of Zoloft (50 mg). I've never felt better in my life. My MD said it could take up to a week to feel better but my body has always responded very well to Medication of any kind. I've had minor side effects such as nausea and headache and a bit of shakiness but nothing I can't handle. It's even helped me not crave cigarettes or food. I've lost 3 lbs this week and yesterday I had 3 cigarettes compared to a 1/2 pack.

Anyway, ever since I started taking it, it seems my sex drive has gone through the roof. Maybe it's b/c I'm not obsessing over things I can't control anymore, maybe it's b/c I'm not so worried about my appearance, maybe it's b/c I feel so damn good for once! I don't know. I was concerned about the sexual side effects I hear this drug produces. I used to LOVE having sex w/ my BF before the depression and body dysmorphia set in. Then my sex drive went down for the first time years. But this week, to put it bluntly, I've been very h0rny. I'm sorry to be so frank but that's how it is. Well, I had sex this morning and it felt wonderful. My BF did have to work harder and it took about 15 minutes for me to climax but when I did, the earth moved. It was like I was very stimulated down there and sensitive but it took longer to have the "O". Needless to say, I enjoyed it...much more than I have been. I wasn't near as conscious about my body thanks to the Zoloft so maybe that is why?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I really, really like Zoloft so far. Basically, in 4 days it has given me a whole new outlook on my life. A week ago, I hit rock bottom and was suicidal. Now, I feel better. Not 100% but at least I have hope that I will be 100% again. I do NOT want it to give me any sexual problems. I'm afraid I have not taken enough of it to really see. But it's obvious my body IS responding to it by the way I am feeling.

I'm sorry if this was a bit much but I need some input on this.
Please respond!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 10:49 AM   #2

ElizabethLost HB User
BUMP

Closed Thread