It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
(male)

College boy HB User
Does anyone being treated for depression with wellbutrin???

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone as being treated for depression with wellbutrin? How did you like it? What were your side-effects? Is it effective all a long the treatment?

Thanx!

Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: Does anyone being treated for depression with wellbutrin???

I have been taking Wellbutrin XL for a few months. I take it with Zoloft though so I might not be a good example but my mom takes just Wellbutrin XL. She's been taking it for about a year and seems to like it. She did have to have them increase her dose up to 450mg now but not because she was getting depressed she was waking up having panic attacks in the middle of the night and it felt like she was having a heart attack. She was having those before ever taking Wellbutrin though. Anyway they increased her dose up to 450 mg and she's doing fine now no more panic attacks. They say it's not for anxiety and that it can increase anxiety but she says it helps her anxiety and her depression.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
(female)

karen82252 HB User
Smile Re: Does anyone being treated for depression with wellbutrin???

I have been on WB SR for 6+ years. I think I have posted answers to your questions before. I am on Medicaid and Medicare. I am on permanent disability for depression. When the drugs with Medicare changed the start of this year, I can no longer take WB SR. The drug plan I am on now will only pay for WB XL. The SR is like a 12 hours pill. I took 200 mg 2x a day.
XL is for 24 hours release. I have to take 450 mg because you can't get 400 mg in WB XL. It's mess ain't it?

I also take Celexa with WB. I have been doing that for several years now.
WB is the best drug I have ever been on. I have never been able to take an AD this long.

Side effects: sexual as you already know delayed orgasm or not at all
After a few months, this improves and go back to nomal.
Every AD I have ever taken does that and then works its way
back to normal.
You might feel giddie or jumpy till you body gets use to it
I lost 25 lbs when I first started taking it but I gained it back
You might have thoughts racing through you mind, I have lots
of trouble with this one. But I had it with the other AD's to.
I have to take Xanax to sleep.
I have been on Xanax for 10+ years.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

MagicSunshine HB User

Hi Karen,
I'm so happy to see someone else has been on the same AD for years. I have been on amiltriptyline (200mgs at bedtime) for 20 years. It works well for me. I had a flare up in my depression recently and my doctor added lexapro (10mgs). It made me sleepy at first so I cut it to 5mg. Now I'm back to 10.
I have also taken xanax since it came out a longgggggg time ago. I do well on it, also.
I hope you continue to feel well....Take Care...Connie

Old 03-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sudufu HB User

I recently started thyroid meds, and my Zoloft didn't go well with it. So my Doc put me on Wellbutrin. It's been less than a week, but all seems fine.

good luck

Old 03-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
(male)

JustJeff HB User

I was, but can't remember much of it-- zero side effects, zero effects, was only on it for a few months. Placebo?

Closed Thread