It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Feeling like I have something stuck in my throat.

Has anyone had this feeling from depression/anxiety? I have been feeling like I have a lump or a piece of food in my throat all day. I know I don't but I was reading that stress can cause this feeling. Other things can too but I just wondered if anyone else with depression/stress has experienced this. If it continues I'll have to go to the doctor and have them check my throat in case it's not just stress related.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

MagicSunshine HB User
Re: Feeling like I have something stuck in my throat.

I have had the same thing with feeling like there was a lump in my throat. I tried coughing and eating something, thinking it would push it on down. It didn't last long. I think maybe a few days.

In case that feeling doesn't go away, call your Dr. I have a feeling it will though. Take care and as always, it was nice seeing your post.

Hugs...........Connie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

Thanks Connie,
It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. It sorta freaked me out today because I started to feel nervous about it and then it got worse and I felt panicky for just a few minutes like I might choke but it really doesn't effect my breathing it just feels weard and it's very annoying. If I am doing something that distracts me I don't even notice it's there but if I think about it I keep swallowing and that only makes it worse it seems. Hopefully it goes away like it did for you.

Kari

Old 03-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
(female)

ezekiel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari7171
Thanks Connie,
It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. It sorta freaked me out today because I started to feel nervous about it and then it got worse and I felt panicky for just a few minutes like I might choke but it really doesn't effect my breathing it just feels weard and it's very annoying. If I am doing something that distracts me I don't even notice it's there but if I think about it I keep swallowing and that only makes it worse it seems. Hopefully it goes away like it did for you.

Kari
hi kari, just read your post I felt exactly that on monday on my way to work I got to work I started tellin a co-worker if she wouldn"t mind to much that I went home early and I just started crying and crying..but before all that on my way to work I did have abig lump in my throat...letty

Closed Thread