It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #1

Looking for recovery HB User
Post Luvox??????????????????????? Please Help

I don't see anything about Luvox on this message board. I suffer from Bulimia and depression. I am now on Celexa but I am unable to sleep without benzos. I once was on Luvox and took it at night. I don't remember having sleeping problems but it was a long time ago. If any one has any feedback on this I would appreciate it. I am seeing my psychiatrist next week and want to make up my mind before then. Weight gain is another question I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Sue

Old 07-27-2003, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
Talking

i was on luvox but had to give it up because it nauseated me big time, and also i had trouble sleeping, but it certainly lifted my mood ...

i'm currently on remeron but don't like it because it makes me sleep too much (!), so am thinking of going on paxil again ... (i think my thyroid problems prevented it from working) ... you may not have the same side effect, or if you do, you may like it!!

for sleep (with celexa), you could try trazodone, an adjunct that you often see recommended on this board for antiD's whose known side effect is inability to sleep -- i had it for the manerix that stopped me sleeping (it's a known side effect) -- i'm not on that any more either because the traz. stopped working after a week ... my GP told me that it sometimes doesn't work on people who've been taking benzos, but i'm 58 and a LONG-TERM user of benzos, and you sound like you're young ...

poor sweetie: but don't give up -- if nothing else, this board provides tremendous support ...

ps. i was born in w'peg, lived there for 20 years ... i now live in ottawa, and don't like it much!

[This message has been edited by jinglebts (edited 07-27-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
(female)

J1122 HB User
Re: Luvox??????????????????????? Please Help

Hi. Also suffering bulimia and depression for 10 yrs - have just been prescribed with luvox- I fear weight gain though.. Do u know anything about weight gain or loss with luvox?

Closed Thread