It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

restless_heart HB User
Angry feeling more alone than ever (very long post)

Latley I have been feeling more alone than ever in my life....I lost my mom 5 yrs ago and my dad passed Feb 2006....I also have a twin siter who now has decided that I dont exist...Our b day was yesterday and for the first time ever she didnt bother to call or anything...since my father passed it has been nothing but a big family fight...I was listed in his will to recieve half of everything and my older siter for the other half...Now the twin is fighting for anything she can get and has cut me out of her life..I even went as far as to beg my dad to take me outta the will cuz I knew something like this was gonna happen and now it has...He didnt get out to change the will and now I have lost everyone it seems...I think my older sister will stop contact with me just as soon as everything is done with the estate.... I feel so alone no mattter where I turn there is no one there or they r to busy to take the time and hear me out on whatever I have to say....
i have my own little family but my kids r to young to understand what is going on and my hubbys family would b happy if I just disappeard...Dad's family acts as if we dont exist and Mom's family all disowned me after she passed....I just wonder what the heck is so wronge with me that NO ONE wants to bother and pick up a phone to c if I am still alive...Everyone has been more focused on my twin and how hard her life has been....She is the one who choose her direction and has cause most of her hardship to herself...It just dosent seem right that I have been forgotten and everyone else has someone but me....I know it sounds like I am having my own pity party and I guess I am in a way but I just needed to vent a little...I guess my big thing is how do u go from being someone to being nothing to everyone??? Ok I am sure u guys r getting tired of hearing me rant and rave so i will go for now....Thanks for ur time.....Always & FOREVER me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Spin444 HB User
Re: feeling more alone than ever (very long post)

Restless, I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. It just doesn't make any sense. You sound like a caring, sensitive person, so I just don't get it. Could there have been some misunderstanding that caused all of this? Why was your twin cut out of the will? Maybe she blames you. It wouldn't be the first time that a death in the family and a will has pitted family members against eachother. Still, it's uncommon to see twins having trouble. My husband is a twin. Can you sit down with at least one family member and try to figure out what's going on? You certainly don't deserve this treatment. Maybe someone's been badmouthing you and swaying others. It's really not fair, but you can't control them. You know that you've done nothing wrong, so please don't blame yourself.

I hope that it all ends well and that everyone can get back to being a close family. If not, at least you knoew that you've tried.

Good luck!

Old 04-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
(female)

restless_heart HB User

Ya it is a big misunderstanding....I really cant sit down with anyone of them to talk becuz they have all outcast me...I think the reason being in thier book i am just a mental nutcase and they dont know what to say or how to say it...I have been black flagged for having Bi Polar Disorder and it is something they jut dont want to accept or even care to look into...

Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Spin444 HB User

My nephew has been "flagged" as "bi-polar" too. He's made many family members angry with him at different points in time. He was abused as a child and I think he needs good therapy and apologies, not drugs. Are you on medications by chance?

Old 04-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
(female)

restless_heart HB User

No I am not on medication my insurance got droped 2 years ago and I can not afford to ge the meds..

Old 04-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

macadamiaNUT HB User

Oh those family reactions to a loss in the family!! It's either a time you find out what good people you were born with or what greedy people they are. And desperate situations can make people act out of character, unfortunately. I'm so sorry things are so difficult for you right now, and that your family has been torn apart at least for now as a result. If your father could undo this mess now, I'm guessing he would.

You've been flagged for bipolar? Does that mean it's a possible diagnosis that's being looked at, or that you have it? What happens when you are under stress if you do have bipolar?

It sounds like your twin has had the family spotlight on her for some time, with sympathy being given from all around. And still you value her relationship with her--enough to prod your father to please change his will. You've not only lost your dad, but your feeling of "family" too. It can mend possibly, but right now you're feeling pretty abandoned and it isn't right. I hope your husband is understanding and willing to listen some. We're here to listen too.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
(female)

restless_heart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamiaNUT
Oh those family reactions to a loss in the family!! It's either a time you find out what good people you were born with or what greedy people they are. And desperate situations can make people act out of character, unfortunately. I'm so sorry things are so difficult for you right now, and that your family has been torn apart at least for now as a result. If your father could undo this mess now, I'm guessing he would.

You've been flagged for bipolar? Does that mean it's a possible diagnosis that's being looked at, or that you have it? What happens when you are under stress if you do have bipolar?

It sounds like your twin has had the family spotlight on her for some time, with sympathy being given from all around. And still you value her relationship with her--enough to prod your father to please change his will. You've not only lost your dad, but your feeling of "family" too. It can mend possibly, but right now you're feeling pretty abandoned and it isn't right. I hope your husband is understanding and willing to listen some. We're here to listen too.
I actually have Bi Polar Disorder I was diagnosed with it 4 yrs ago..Under stress I can act out like a total nut and go into a rampage smashing anything in sight or I find a bottle of tylenol pm and sleep as long as possible without overdosing...It just depends on what is going on and i am not sure just howi will react untill I have already done it...This time it has been the tylenol pm and many hrs spent crying..

My sister has always had the family spotlight I can never remember when she didnt...As we grew up I always wondered how and y and still to this day do not understand it..Most of her misfortune she has cast on herself she is the one who decided not to hold a job and have to beg for everything she needed...I mean I dont hold down a job either but I have a hubby who does and can provide for our family and I dont need to work...She on the other hand married a man who is just like her and just dosent want to work..They have both just up and quit state jobs for no apparent reason...It wasnt my choices that have landed her where she is it is HERS....

Unfortunaltly my hubby isnt as understanding as I would like him to b he says to shrug it off and move on His family values are not the same as mine and there for it is nothing for him to ignore his sister and move on.. He also seems to think that me being Bi polar is just an excuess I use instead oof dealing with whatever is going on...He is however right that it is in my head but I can not control when i am gonna b up or down..So talking to him is like talking to a darn brick wall...Sometimes I get a better response from the wall ha ha .. Ok now that i have bored u half to death I will let u move on and help someone who can b helped thanks for ur time

Closed Thread