It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2003, 06:53 AM   #1

BethyM HB User
Post anyone not gain weight on ssri's especially zoloft?

You hear so many stories of weight gain on ssri's especailly zoloft and paxil.....does anyone not gain weight? (I've lost) I've been on a month, and my appetite is under control, and I excercise a lot (always did), but I'm scared I'll start to gain....How long does it take? I swear the second I start to not fit in my clothes, I'll start tapering off Zoloft, because the way my body looks and feels is a big source of how I emotinally feel, and I don't think I can handle gaining weight.....maybe this is wrong to thing this way.....any feedback is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 04:18 PM   #2
(female)

holidaygirl HB User
Hi Beth
I was on Paxil last year for about 10 months, the firt month I actually lost 5 lbs. As I continued on the Paxil I started gaining the 5lbs back and then 5 more and so it continued until I was 30lbs heavier. Like you, I really am dependent on my body image as a source of feeling good, so I went off the Paxil in June. It was way too soon though for me to go off. Since June I have lost 20lbs! And I went to a new doctor who said I should go back on ad's. This time I am on Celexa, so far so good, although I will just have to wait to see.

Kristen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread