It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2003, 04:11 AM   #1

ginli HB User
Post CAN YOU TAKE EFFEXOR AT BEDTIME?

Just wondering when the best time or the usual time is to take effexor. I know some take it in the am and some at night. Can we take a poll as to when people take their effexor?? thankyou!

Old 10-25-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kaitrin HB User
I only took it briefly so maybe I'm not the best one to answer, but anyway, I took it in the morning...
~Kait

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2003, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
When I was on it I took it in the morning. Take it whatever is the best time for you. If it makes you sleepy take it at night.

Old 10-25-2003, 11:54 AM   #4

collegegirl83 HB User
I've been taking effexor xr for almost a year now and I've always taken in the morning. The only time I have problems with this is if I forget for a few hours. I've definitely noticed a difference in how I feel if I miss taking a pill by even a few hours. Other than this (which I've had with all my medications) I've found effexor to be a good med for me.

Old 10-25-2003, 12:55 PM   #5

Goldie-Lox HB User
I get sleepy if I take it in the morning, so I recently started taking it at night. Guess it depends on how it effects you.

------------------
~GL~

Old 10-25-2003, 01:38 PM   #6

ginli HB User
Does effexor make you jumpy at all?? I tried it once(1x) and it made me sleepy in the morning but then i couldn't sleep at night. What's with that? Does that wear off? I really need a new med and have tried everything but they all keep me up. Any suggestions? thankyou!

Old 11-20-2003, 10:40 AM   #7
(female)

swtevnbrz HB User
Re: CAN YOU TAKE EFFEXOR AT BEDTIME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginli
Just wondering when the best time or the usual time is to take effexor. I know some take it in the am and some at night. Can we take a poll as to when people take their effexor?? thankyou!

I take mine in the morning. I just started this past Monday, and took the first one on Monday evening. I stayed awake a good portion of the night. My Doc told me to make my own decision about when to take it based on whether it made me sleepy or " awake". Bit once made, stick to the same dose time. It actually makes me feel like I am speeding. We shall see once I up the dose on next Monday.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:29 AM   #8

NaeNae HB User
Re: CAN YOU TAKE EFFEXOR AT BEDTIME?

I think it's just going to depend on what works best for you and how Effexor effects you. Effexor made me *very* fatigued. So I took it at night.

Also, from my experience, I do better taking medications at night. I tend to remember and generally go to bed around the same hour (give or take an hour or two). When I take meds in the morning, I easily forget, have the chance of running out the door without taking it, or if I'm super lucky, sometimes my dh and my kids let me sleep in on a Saturday, so I'm taking it at a different time, like 6:30am (my normal waking hour to get ds ready for school) -vs- say, like, 10am if I sleep in.

I think we could all give our votes, but it's just going to come down to whatever works best for your body and schedule.

Closed Thread