It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2003, 11:17 AM   #1

MeenOldMom HB User
Question Starter doses of Lexapro & Wellbutrin?

Hi all,
I have gone off Zoloft(200 mg/day) and am starting on Lexapro & Wellbutrin. My doc gave me this dosing:
Lexapro 10 mg for 2 weeks then up to 20mg.
Wellbutrin 150 mg for 1 week then up to 300mg.

Is it possible to get an effect from the 10/150 doses?
I'm not sure I want to up the dosage so soon, I'd rather give it 6 weeks to kick in and also get over the Zoloft.

Has anyone gotten results from 10mg Lexapro with 150mg Wellbutrin?
Or did you have to go to 20mg/300mg to get a minimum dose for a response?

Thanks to all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2003, 12:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
I started on 10 mg of lexapro & had to cut back to 5mg the first week, the side affects were horrible. After 2 1/2 weeks, I was taken off of it due to really bad side affects. Others have had good luck on 10 mg of it from what I've read here. Most anti-d's do take 2 to 6 weeks to kick in, so I'd be leary of upping it in the first two weeks, but your doctor should know what is best for you. If you don't feel comfortable, tell him about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2003, 11:25 AM   #3
(female)

fiddledd HB User
Hi,
I am on 10 mg Lexapro and 150 mg Wellbutrin. I have been on the Wellbutrin for some years, and was on 300 mg. I just started the Lexapro several weeks ago (5 mg for 4 days, then up to 10 mg). The 300 mg of Wellbutrin worked well for me, but I recently started another med for ADD which can be a problem with Wellbutrin at higher dosages so I have cut back on the Wellbutrin. It has been about 2 weeks that I have been on the 10mg Lex-150mg Well combination, and so far I feel pretty good. My doc wanted to raise my dosage of Lexapro to 20mg when I was there about 10 days ago, but I asked if we could wait another 30 days to decide. Having only been on Lexapro for 4 weeks at the time, and a week of that at the 5 mg level, I just thought it was too soon, and why take more if less will work? I am having some very minor side effects from the Lexapro, but they are certainly tolerable, given the benefit to my mood.
Good luck to you - I hope it works as well as it is for me.

Closed Thread