It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

Hammy5 HB User
Just prescribed Lexapro and SCARED!

Hello,

I was just prescribed Lexapro and I am not sure that I even want to start taking it. I have been reading that it has caused a lot of people to gain weight and I am not willing to do that. My depression caused me to gain 25 pounds in a year and I am NOT going to gain anymore. I told my Dr. I wanted to be on Welbutrin but he suggested Lexapro. He told me that the most he ever hears anyone say is that it makes them sick to their stomach at first. He assured me that it would most likely not make me lose weight or have sexual side affects but I am reading that differently here as well. He told me that Welbutrin is not good for anxiety but I think that my anxiety is brought on by my depression. I am just a mess right now because I am not sure what to do! I am SO AFRAID to take this medication! Do you think I should call him and tell him I want to try Wellbutin first?

What experiance have you had with it?

Kristine

Old 05-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
(female)

CTCheryl HB User
Re: Just prescribed Lexapro and SCARED!

I started Lexapro on Monday. I was very nauseous, but that has gone away. I'm not noticing any difference in my appetite. My suggestion would be that if you do feel hungry, eat vegies or fruit. Maybe try chewing gum. The fact that your depression caused you to gain weight may indicate that once you have been on the Lexapro for a bit, maybe you will actually lose weight because you will feel better and not have the need to eat as much.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #3

ms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB Userms_mod HB User
Re: Just prescribed Lexapro and SCARED!

Please post your question one one board only.
You've recevied several replies on the other board, please follow your post there.

Ms_Mod

Closed Thread