It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User
Question Just started new meds, anyone on Lexapro?

I was just prescribed lexapro, and would like to hear other people's experiences with this medication. I don't know what to expect.

I was just diagnosed with Cyclothymia, (a kind of BPD), and was given a prescription of Lexapro, 10mg a day. I've been taking it for 2 weeks, it's been hard, but seems I am getting better.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ariesladi25 HB User
Re: Just started new meds, anyone on Lexapro?

hey there!

I have taken lexapro,10 mg, and the most major sideeffect i had was hunger and sleepiness.... i took myself off of it for a while... DO NOT DO THAT.... i had a worse case of depression ever since i stopped it... i now just restarted taken it...i am on day 3 of it... everyone is different with meds. you may have no side effects.. i know some people who have taken it and felt fine, no side effects at all...

good luck and i am happy to hear you are feeling better!
take care,
amc23

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

kj_johnson HB User

I was on Lexapro for quite some time with no side effects, EXCEPT, i quit and started on 20mg this am..so i'm going back on the 10's for a week, then 20's, what amc23 said is so true, lexapro worked for me and i quit also and wish i hadn't . it was working so well i was out jogging, walking, waking up in a half way decent mood, i noticed slow differeces on lexapro, as far as being able to get up in the am, i do have sleepyness sometimes but not that bad, i don't get hungry on lexapro and lost weight on it,,,but like amc23 said,,the ad's all work different on us...give it a try.....staying in touch,,,kj

Old 06-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User

Thanks, I had asked at the board for BPD, but not many people there were prescribed it, so I thought I'd check here.

I was very sleepy and "dopey" the first week and a half, and had horrible headaches. At about 2 weeks, I started feeling better, I am not sleepy anymore, and I don't wake up all groggy. (As I did wothout the medication)

I also don't get as hungry as I used to, and slowly, I have been able to not much on snacks as much. I also notice that I can recall info a lot easier now. And I have an easier time remembering names and info.
It's like my mind was so tired, it was slowed down to a crawl. Now it's working.

I have started going back to the gym, and seem to be able to get by with less sleep. I try to keep it at 8 hours. But sometimes I am not able to get 8. And when I had a day off, I would sleep too much. Now I was able to get up and go to the gym, and to the dinning facility on my day off.

I hope this keeps working out. I struggle with my weight, I hope I don't gain any extra.

The Psychiatrist was not much help. They just switched the one I had, he went home. The new one asked how I was doing, then cut me off when I tried to tell him, and just wrote me another prescription, and gave me an appointment for next month. Said he will just keep giving me pills until I go home. I thought that was a little rough.
Oh, well, at least I get meds I need.
Thanks for your input.
Strawberry

Closed Thread