It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Is there such a thing as happiness?

I seriously don't remember the last time I was really happy. In January my sisters 4 year old suddenly passed away. Then my fathers business went belly up leaving my father and brother unemployed. Two months ago I moved to Greece to be with my family.
Every single day gets worse, not one day since I have been here has been a happy one. I seriously don't know what to think anymore. Does it ever get better? Just so many things keep going wrong, just when you think things are going to get better they don't!
I hate my job and when I go home I see my mother crying (she was raising my niece), my father sitting there depressed that he has no job and no money, my sister whose husband left her and has lost her only child is devestated, I am trying to adjust to this life in a place I hate.
Why do bad things happen to good people. We never stole or lied, we go to Church and pray. Why, why aren't good things happening?
I am so sad, my whole body hurts, I cry myself to sleep every night. I am on Wellbutrin and that isn't helping at all.
Does it turn around, does it get better? I just need to know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel? I am so tired....I don't think there is a heaven and a hell, cause this is hell. Right here on this earth I am living my hell.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
Re: Is there such a thing as happiness?

i am sorry to hear of you situations. i don't have the answers sweetie. i wish i did. i have been serching for answers myself. i have lost both my parents in the last couple years. had a petloss that was devestating for me. recent surgery. seems like it never stops. so i know what you are saying. different situations but still i know what you are saying.

i have been in counseling, recently started taking an antidepressant. as hard as i fought to not take one i am. don't know if it will help me either. i'v been in counseling for couple months now. it does help to just talk with someone like that. someone you can just "let 'er rip" with and cry on if need be (i admit i havne't yet but came close). i'm a christian, believe in God but still i'm only human and have all the emotions that just don't seem to stop. counselors can help you understand why you feel like you do.

doing small accomplishiment (and i mean small) baby steps has help me gain some control. might i suggest talking with a counselor. believe me its not the same as talking with your parents or friends. someday i hope to get out of this tunnel i'm in. with Gods help. i do believe things happen for a reason. and even when all seems hopeless it really isn't. you will find you do have some control over your life. small as it seems its control. please take it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread