It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

salty HB Usersalty HB User
I'm So Tired Of Being Like This, Can Someone Pls Tell Me That Increasing Lexapro...

I'm back again because I'm in bed all the time and crying all the time and Lexapro is what works for me, but 10 mg. and 15 mg. isn't enough anymore because of all the bad things that have happened in my life so my dr. upped my dose to 20 mg.

It's only been a few days, but my body reacts very quickly to Lexapro and I feel like I'm sinking lower. Maybe this is natural. Maybe my body has to get used to it.

All I know is I'm having a very hard time doing this...I mean I see my dr. practically every week now...it's crazy.

I would love to just hear from someone who had (has) a similiar problem and eventually it worked out okay. I can't even type this without crying. I'm so low.

Whenever I fall down from trauma, I can't fight like I used to, I just sink lower and I need the med to help me back out.

I REALLY REALLY need you guys to help me. I just need to hear something, anything...even if it's just that it's going to be alright. I'm so pitiful right now.

Please write back. Thank you so much as always. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't turn to the boards.

Salty

Old 07-16-2006, 02:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

roz5 HB User
Re: I'm So Tired Of Being Like This, Can Someone Pls Tell Me That Increasing Lexapro...

Hang in there Salty......we're here for you. My Cymbalta dosage was increased and I, too, am sinking further. Actually regressing in my progress. I can't sleep much anymore.....the Ambien is useless. I've nearly worn a hole in my matress because my legs are so restless at night! I took an Ambien at 9pm last night and was still awake at 11pm. Slept on and off through the night and finally got up at 5am.....on a SUNDAY!!!
I don't want to do much of anything. Just be alone. Can't focus enough to read anymore. What's more frustrating is that I don't know if it is my hormonal balance from the hysterectomy; or if it is the increased Cymbalta dosage. Either way........I feel your pain and please know that this will pass. Give it some time to see if your meds kick in. If not, do let your doctor know. We could have an imaginary cup of coffee together, if that would help! I've got mine right here with me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: I'm So Tired Of Being Like This, Can Someone Pls Tell Me That Increasing Lexapro...

Awww, roz5, that was sooo sweet, thank you. I needed that. I felt like I was reading something I wrote! My legs were restless all night, I slept terribly, I awoke around 5 am, took nighttime cold capsules to try to get some sleep (if I don't get sleep, I literally get sick).

I don't even want to go to the grocery store and I really have to, but I'm not going. I feel plain lousy.

I actually have a script for my Klonopin I could get filled and I don't want to leave the house (too much effort) so I'm not going. It's so pitiful because I want that filled, but the depression pulls me back. It's stronger than what I want and it makes me so sad.

Thank you for caring and writing. I tried Cymbalta and couldn't do it. It just didn't work with my system.

Lexapro worked the first time within 5 minutes believe it or not...I knew it was the med for me, but then as time went by and more bad times came my way 10 mg. wasn't enough so I tried 15mg., then more bad times and now here I am on 20mg and I feel nauseous and still depressed.

I'm going to give it a little more time for my body to adjust and then it's back to the dr. which I'm going to hate because I know Lexapro works with my system...it always has and I don't know what else to try!

The traumas have been so great that my body just can't handle them.

The med has to work triple time I guess. Thanks Lisa. I hope the Cymbalta works for you or if it's your hormonal imbalance that you get help with that. Whatever help you need, I pray you get it.

Thank you for the sweet post. You hang in there too.

Salty

Old 07-16-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User

Salty,

I sure hope you start feeling better soon--I know how awful it is to be feeling the way you do right now. Remember though, it WILL pass, maybe not as quickly as you would like, but it will. Hang in there, and take good care of yourself, rest and recuperate as much as you can.

Keep us posted on how things are going with you.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you oceandreams...what a beautiful name, makes me think only good things when I say that.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for caring. It helps.

Salty

Old 07-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
(male)

GHGore HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty
Awww, roz5, that was sooo sweet, thank you. I needed that. I felt like I was reading something I wrote! My legs were restless all night, I slept terribly, I awoke around 5 am, took nighttime cold capsules to try to get some sleep (if I don't get sleep, I literally get sick).

I don't even want to go to the grocery store and I really have to, but I'm not going. I feel plain lousy.

I actually have a script for my Klonopin I could get filled and I don't want to leave the house (too much effort) so I'm not going. It's so pitiful because I want that filled, but the depression pulls me back. It's stronger than what I want and it makes me so sad.

Thank you for caring and writing. I tried Cymbalta and couldn't do it. It just didn't work with my system.

Lexapro worked the first time within 5 minutes believe it or not...I knew it was the med for me, but then as time went by and more bad times came my way 10 mg. wasn't enough so I tried 15mg., then more bad times and now here I am on 20mg and I feel nauseous and still depressed.

I'm going to give it a little more time for my body to adjust and then it's back to the dr. which I'm going to hate because I know Lexapro works with my system...it always has and I don't know what else to try!

The traumas have been so great that my body just can't handle them.

The med has to work triple time I guess. Thanks Lisa. I hope the Cymbalta works for you or if it's your hormonal imbalance that you get help with that. Whatever help you need, I pray you get it.

Thank you for the sweet post. You hang in there too.

Salty
This sounds so much like my inititial try with Lexapro. 3 - 4 weeks into this med, I was basically nailed to my couch and had resigned myself to the thought if I get a pink slip in the mail from my employer, then so be it.

I was actually rescued (and I dont throw that word lightly) by a good friend on my door knocking and telling me something is wrong with my life and she wanted to help. The next day I was at a Psychiatrist and transfering to Paxil. As has been mentioned in other threads, it's possible time of day may be a factor. MY GP had me taking mine in the morning as well as Ambien at night and this made me a 24 Hour zombie. A lot of input has said that Lex can be taken before bed to calm you down and get you to sleep.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

GHGore, you are wise. I started doing just that very thing and knock on wood, I think I notice a slight improvement from when I was taking it in the morning.

I never have been able to sleep, but I'm not as nauseous doing it this way and I just thought...it couldn't hurt.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it so much.

Salty

Old 07-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
(female)

A diffrent kind HB User

I hope everything gets a lot better this is what i will tell you...I think maybe u need to see a PSYCHLOGST truse me it will help you a lot and maybe u need to tell your DR that this med is not helping very well and maybe you need to go to a other kind intil one helps u...Soon you will be back to your old self hang in there you will get throw this!!!

Old 07-18-2006, 02:05 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you, A deffrent kind, I sure hope I'll be back to my old self and get through this.

Thanks for posting!

Salty

Closed Thread