It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User
Mildest and Best Antidepressant/anti anxiety ??

I've had 3 docs tell me I need to be on a Antidepressant/Anxiety med, but don't know which one to try. I am very sensitive to meds, and get anxiety real easily. I tried Paxil, and did well, but after a few days, one night, I got a horrible anxiety attack like none other. I was on 10mg, but I must admit I did tweak it to 12.5 a couple of times. Then the doc gave me Effexor which I have not filled, it's still sitting here. Scared to take because of the anxiety attack with Paxil. NOw, I've heard, Prozac is the mildest, gentlest of all. Any experiences with the Prozac or other. Also, must I also take a anti anxiety med along with the antideperssant ?

Old 07-17-2006, 06:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
Re: Mildest and Best Antidepressant/anti anxiety ??

i know someone that takes effexor for GAD and depression is part of it. says it works great for her. she will not live without it. i've tried paxel and couldn't take it. i was nausia the first day. tried zoloft and that made me more anxious just looking at that pill in my hand. i had to stop taking that one after 3 weeks. i'm trying celexa now after seeing a psychiatrist. psy docs know the ins and outs of all kinds of med. but it is all trial and error till you find the right one for you. i'm not a doc so don't take my word. this is just my exp with AD's since i never in my life thought i would have to take something.
i don't think there is a "mildest/best" AD out there. everyone just has to find the one that works for them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

effexor works well for me in both anxiety and depression. The main complaint most people have is not while taking it but trying to get off of it. No one drug is going to work the same for everyone, unfortunately there is some wait and see going on. Have you tried all the natural ways?

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 07-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

I hated Effexor the most out of all the ADs I have taken over the years. Just goes to show that it's different for everyone and you will not know how you are going to react until you try one.

Closed Thread