It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
(female)

majikgirl2001 HB User
Question Celexa vs Effexor XR

So I've been on Effexor for just over a year, and recently increased from 75mg to 150mg. Well, tried to increase the dose. Apparently my insurance wouldn't pay for the increase (according to the pharmacist) so my dr called in a new prescription for 20mg of Citalopram. This change was not discussed with me, and I'm very apprehensive, so I left it at the pharmacy. I've been taking two 75 mg pills a day of the effexor, and have several doses left this way. I am apprehensive, because I was on two different doses of prozac before the effexor, and it didn't work. I know I need something, as when I was in between insurances, I went through mood hell, and even resorted to bad habits of cutting to cope. I just don't know what to do. The 150 has been great, and made a huge difference in my motivation, and mood. I don't want to change to a new drug, and go through effexor withdrawl, I don't want to get used to a new drug and wait for it to work, I have no side effects with effexor, and I don't want to deal with new ones. I'm really upset, and I'm just curious if anyone has taken both, and what your experiences have been with both...I need help.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Celexa vs Effexor XR

I was on Celexa for about two months before I switched off of it as it caused a multitude of problems. Effexor has always worked for me with no complaints. But everyones reaction to meds is different so you never know it may work for you
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
(female)

WestCoast57 HB User
Re: Celexa vs Effexor XR

Its true what you say, everyones reaction to meds is different. I was on effexor around 5 yrs ago, lasted two days because the side effects were too much to manage. Celexa has worked for me with no side effects, it just seems to take a bit longer to kick in but I'm going to stick with it.

Closed Thread