It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
does depression make you feel sick

hi everyone im not sur why im asking this, i guess for reassurance? i feel horrible in all aspects,i feel sick to my stomach, no appetite, no energy, not happy, headache, anxious, constant negative thoughts.dr says it depression, but the physical symptoms are playing with my mind making me look for another cause.my mind is somewhat consumed with constant questions about my health, what if's, if that makes sense.i still function but feel anxious about doing the most simple things. i see a pdoc who prescribed me zoloft again, that was last week. i took zoloft from 98-2000 and did ok on it but tried it again in 04 and had a bad experience with it "bad thoughts" that has got me afraid to take any ad's. i took lexapro for a while and did fair on it, not sure to call my pdoc and tell her im afraid of the zoloft and ask for lexapro again?? i have lost my job 2 1/2 months ago, i was hoping to be better by now seeing i dont have the job stress. i keep telling my wife im sick of feeling like this, i think she is tired of hearing it. right now im not taking anything except klonopin on a as needed basis for anxiety.i feel like no one can help me. i may feel ok 1 or 2 days a week if im lucky. i thought about going back to church but i feel so anxious setting in there and cant pay attention to the service,so i dont go. i try exercise but its hard lately, everything seems hard!! any tips?

Old 07-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User
Re: does depression make you feel sick

Hi!
You sound ALOT like my boyfriend. He worries about everything and has OCD and is a Hypocondriac. He always feels sick to his stomach and overly tired when he does his worst worring. Unfortunetly he doesn't believe in medication for this. What he does to try to ease his suffering everyday, is when he wakes up he does a lite workout consisting of push ups, basic crunches and then side to side crunchs (left elbow to right knee....if you understand ). The other way he helps to deal with this is finding answer to ease his mind. For example, say he was worring about this cough he had and thought it might be cancer. He went to the doctors had all test performed and then was cleared and it was cancer, come to find out it was a bad cause of Post Nasal Drip. I also understand what you wife is going through as well. I don't believe she is sick of hearing it by any means, she just is frustrated as you are. She can't figure out how to help you. I understand because I times I feel helpless to him as well. I say if you uncomfportable going to the doctors, take your wife and have her help you do the talking. SOmetimes just having someone help start it, makes it move along. Definitly request the medication you have taken that works for you .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

hey danielle, maybe ill give the morning exercise a shot, i kinda set myself up for the day when i wake up. i just lay there and obsess over how my day is going to be and i am feeling crappy before i hit the floor.to look at me im in great shape but thats deceiving. seems like everything is a task. im like your boyfriend for sure, i think the worst, mine was a headache yesterday that i turned into a blood clot or something lol but it was sinus trouble.i think i will call today about my meds. ive got lots of books and programs that costed a ton of money, guessing around $600 that a friend got me but i cant seem to put them to use. if i feel bad i dont just overlook it,i dwell and dwell all day till im wore out. i think your right about my wife,she is im sure just as frustrated as i am, she tells me she has run out of ideas.i can say she is there for me where no one else is.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

msbibe HB User

hper79,

HAve you seen the Depression Hurts commercials? Those mention the things you are experiencing. People show the symptoms differently. Physically having stomach aches in response to anxiety related to depression makes sense, I think. Headaches too. Everything you mentioned.

I don't blame you for being worried about trying Zoloft again, after your scary episode with it last time. I felt similarly after trying a different med and that kind of scared me off all the antidepressants. But then it got to the point where I didn't really have much choice, so I did take an antidepressant, and that worked.

Definitely tell your current rx'ing doc about your previous experience with Zoloft. And that you haven't started taking it.

It sounds like you have obsessions about your health? Have you read anything about ocd? Obsessions are the thoughts repeating. Compulsions are repetitive behaviors. You don't have to be a constant handwasher to have some OCD. Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, Luvox are supposed to be good at treating OCD symptoms, as is Cognitive Behavioral THerapy (never tried it).

Klonopin can help with the short term anxiety, but an antidepressant can be helpful in fixing things. Therapy can help with understanding it and working on various aspects of the depression/anxiety/ocd.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

Yes my boyfriend does the same he will dwell for weeks if he has no solid evidance that something does or doesn't exist. Another thing we do to try to ease his mind is go for a car ride.

Closed Thread