It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
(female)

kj_johnson HB User
Cool started wellbutrin and STILL tired, so sick of it

on lexapro 10mg and it definitely works for my depression and probably will go to 20mg sometime soon, my doctor put me on wellbutrin 75 mg 3 times a day, i can't afford xl, i've only been on wb for a week and i guess i expected an immediate boost like an amphetamine, i'm sooooooooo tired of being tired, i'm not tired all the time, the tired feeling will just come on and i know i have to take a nap, i know the lex makes you tired, if i'm moving around or doing something that i really really enjoy, this usually doesn't happen, thinking back i've had this for awhile, i worked at a boring job sitting in a cubicle separating checks and by 10 am i couldn't hold my head up despite getting up, going outside in the cold and wallking around the building, then on the other hand i had a temp job doing income taxes which i love, and never got that tired feeling crap, i went to my parents to visit and was bored and i had that tired feeling come oon and went took a nap at their house for 3 hours, i don't have a sleep routine and i guess alot of us on here don't, i just had a complete physical and all blood work is fine, does ANYONE have anything like this?, also to those on wb, will it help the tiredness if i just keep taking it? i've thought about provigal, i wish i could afford a sleep doctor, any thoughts? kj

(typing left handed, broke my right arm and been in a cast for a month and maybe another month to go )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
(female)

Marez530 HB User
Re: started wellbutrin and STILL tired, so sick of it

Hi KJ

I too have the same problem on lexapro, i started a thread about it, and didn't get too many replies.. I had read you original thread, and had been waiting to hear of your experience with wellbutrin.. Last visit to my doc I asked him to add wellbutrin, he said no, (he's only my primary). Alot of posts I've read elsewhere seem to rave about the combo.. But remember too, you've only been on it a short while.. How long did it take your lexapro to finally kick in at the beginning? Mine was 4 weeks...So don't give up... give it some more time. and keep me posted!!

Marianne

Old 09-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

kj_johnson HB User

lexapro kicked in quickly for me, 2 weeks, i had been extremely depressed, didn't answer the phone, door and didn't even want to get on the computer, so i'm happy with lexapro except for being tired, are you having good results from lexapro? and yes the WB and lexapro is supposed to be a good one but so far i'm still tired but still taking the WB, i see a new psychiatrist on the 2nd, hoping he will have some answers about being tired and having to take a nap everyday, but i'm soooooooo happy that the major depression is gone
kj

Old 09-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
(female)

technomom HB User

I take 15 mg of lexapro and welbutrin xl. I take them in the morning because that is when I have the most energy. If I take it any later than that, I need to sleep the rest of the day. The Lexapro by itself even at the 15 mg level still left me crying. Once the welbutin xl was added to the mix, I seemed to feel more balanced and usually don't feel like spending the entire day crying. My doctor said these drugs work in different ways to control depression.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #5
(female)

kj_johnson HB User

technomom:how long have you been on the XL and are u able to stay awake the whole day?

Old 09-28-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WanderingSoul HB User

I am on both Wellbutrin and Lexapro.... The WB made me very energetic for the first week or so I was on it, but then that went away, and again I am always tired...

For a while I thought the combination was working quite well. But at this point, I pretty much feel like I'm not on meds at all. I'm absolutely miserable.. I hope others have better results!

Old 09-29-2006, 05:05 AM   #7
(female)

technomom HB User

kj_johnson-
I am able to stay awake all day but only if I take it in the early morning by 7 AM. My doctor originally told me to take it with dinner or later. When I did that I needed to go to bed by 8 or 9 and had trouble getting out of bed in the morning. I switched to the morning and all that disappeared. My doctor said do whatever works for you.
Why not try taking it at different times of the day and see what works best for you, because all of us have different body chemisteries and different internal clocks.

Closed Thread