It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

doggiebreath HB User
Cymbalta in Combination with another antidepressant?

Hi everyone. I'm new here, just joined today! I have lupus, fibro, diabetes, and depression. I originally started taking Cymbalta right when it came out for my fibro and depression and it really works great for the pain associated with the fibro. However, it does absolutely nothing for my depression. Doesn't make it any better, doesn't make it any worse. Does anybody else take anything in addition to the Cymbalta? I don't want to stop taking it to start another antidepressant because it works so great for my pain. So I'm wondering if anyone else takes anything in addition to the Cymbalta. I'm thinking of bringing it up to my doctor.

Thanks all

Old 10-01-2006, 04:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

roz5 HB User
Re: Cymbalta in Combination with another antidepressant?

I recently added Wellbutrin XL (150mg) to the Cymbalta that I was taking (30mg twice daily). The wellbutrin adds energy and does help with my lost sex drive.....however, I still feel myself "crashing" in the late afternoon. I'm wondering if I could take the Wellbutrin at lunchtime. Right now, I take it at 5am. I do like the combo....it's just a matter of figuring out dosages & the time to take them.
I also have an autoimmune disease (Raynaud's) and am struggling with trying to get my hormones balanced with hormone meds (had a hysterectomy last year). What a jungle!!
Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
(female)

FireCAT17 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Cymbalta in Combination with another antidepressant?

The doc just put me on cymbalta for my depression,I stopped using it after 3 days because it was doing NOTHING for my depression or physical pain,and it made me feel sick in the afternoon,then I'd get really sleepy...

Closed Thread