It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lovemythreeguys2002 HB User
Weaned off Effexor, now going on Wellbutrin

I went to my doctor today and she RX'ed Wellbutrin SR. She is starting me on 150 mg once a day for a week and then take it twice a day after the week is over. I had been on Effexor before and didn't like that "flat affect" feeling I had, so I weaned off about 4 months ago. But the depression and anxiety/worrysome thoughts are back....I have been fighting it, but don't want to keep on this way, I can barely even smile

I had read about Wellbutrin and their website said it was just for depression and not anxiety, but she said often that is just what the FDA has tested it for. She said usually once the depression goes away the anxiety does too....I thought they were 2 different issues.

Effexor used to make me feel spacey, so I took it at night. I hope this doesn't do this, since I have to take one in the morning.

Anyhow she wants me to try this and if it doesn't work, then she will change me to something else.

Anyone take it and how do you feel on it? Is alcohol a problem? I usually have about one drink a day.

Last edited by lovemythreeguys2002; 10-04-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Weaned off Effexor, now going on Wellbutrin

I take both Wellbutrin and Effexor at the same time. For most people Wellbutrin is pretty easy when it comes to side effects. As for Wellbutrin I have not seen much change

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 05:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

i've heard that in some people Wellbutrin causes insomnia....although i think
it is just at the begining of therapy, and will cease with time...

i've read that there shouldn't be any probs. with a moderate intake of alcohol while on wellbutrin....aint' that good news ?

Old 10-05-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota_Skye
i've heard that in some people Wellbutrin causes insomnia....although i think
it is just at the begining of therapy, and will cease with time...
I read that the 2 doses need to be 8 hours apart. I was thinking of taking the first when I wake at 6, and then the second dose at 2, then maybe it won't be a problem with sleep?

Old 10-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

dear love,

sounds very good to me! also, try not to think so much about the side effects...they may not be bad at all ! vive la difference!

Old 10-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well today is day 3, and I am doing well.....I have NO appetite

I am also sleeping well.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
(male)

John_Mantus HB User

Doc wasn't going to prescribe me meds for sleep but i told her i get restless every once in a while (a long while actually but i wanted them just in case) so she gave me about 16 days worth of Roserum .. Haven't needed it yet but i took 2 seperate days apart and made me feel very tired when i woke late at night .. Felt very much like when i take Meletonin and get that 1st initial tired feeling ready to crash into the pillow .. Very nice feeling .. didn't notice if i slept better but may have made me little tired next morning into the day .. Don't know if that was just me because that happens .. Test being low will also do that so very hard to tell right now .. Will have to try it when i need it .. Ambien didn't work when i needed it .. Friend gave me one when i couldn't sleep and i was up many times during the night .. Don't like the idea of Ambien and other sleep aids working on memory and balance parts of brain unlike Roserum which works on bodies natural clock .. Sounds much better to me

Closed Thread