It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WanderingSoul HB User
wellbutrin 600 mg/day

Is it safe to take 600 mg of Wellbutrin per day? Right now I'm on 400. (I take Wellbutrin SR... so I take 200 at a time). but I'm still really tired all the time, and think possibly the extra dose would help. Has anyone ever taken this much?

Old 11-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: wellbutrin 600 mg/day

The highest I have heard is 450mg and that is pretty high

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 AM   #3
(female)

GW91Vet HB User

I was on the 450 dose and was told by my Pysch's right hand assistant that it was not the highest dose. They were taking at least the 450 also. I have developed difficulties not related to Wellbutrin that makes it not feasible for me to take it currently.
Try some research under a search engine and read on the varied information there is online. Ask your Doctor the highest dose they have other patients on and why the 600 might be more helpful for you. Best thing can be that you understand why and feel it is the right thing for you.

Hope it helps you.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User

I have my doubts as to whether or not a higher dose of Wellbutrin would be the best answer. Two of the common side effects are insomnia and drowsiness (that confuses me, but whatever....). I've never found that it makes me more tired.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

pertygirl HB User

Why would u need 600 mg?.....after some point i say screw it.....im not gon be a slave to medicine, i've had my zoloft increased from 50mg to 150mg and my psychiatrist is really getting on my nerve. After being on 100mg for 1 month, and me telling her I haven't seen much improvement she increases the dosage, and I said I Think I should juss wait it out...and then she's like "well i don't think your trained in psychopharamocology or w/e it is"...and i'm juss thinkin b*tch shut up. U haven't lived in this body 19 years and I'm juss sick of how psychiatrist seem so quick to prescribe higher dosages or antidepressants.....i think too many people in this world are on them and don't need them....i think its ridiculous...i know that 50 mg has help control my up and down mood but besides that everythings the same. I personally feel that increasing my dosage isn't gonna make the other stuff change in my life, But that my actions will. I mean i am thankful that my moods aren't as crazy high and low as they use to be..but i don't expect or want a higher dosage to increase my energy, and lessen my "symptoms"....i want to be able to do that on my own, through counseling, being more sociable, discipline, prayer/religion......I know God will deliver me..all i know is i hate taking zoloft......i hate taking meds!!!!!!!!!

~~~O.k this wasn't 100% in response to ur topic...but I juss wanted to get that out...i mean at what point do you say enough, that No it's not a higher dosage that I need but theres something in my life that I'M not doing, not the medication!~~~~~ :*

Closed Thread