It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
(female)

soo sad HB User
Why can't I be normal?

What is wrong with me?I am a basket case and have been battling this for 12yrs now,therapy off and on,off and on meds but It lingers,I definately have an anxiety disorder but my psy.says its GAD,and am on antidepressants to treat depression..Is it any wonder?
I have terrible IBS with my anxiety and fear needing to run to the restroom and not making it,other than that I do not have any fears of crowds,people etc just have withdrawn over the years because of lack of interest in everything.
I had a terrible relapse this past week,I am only dealing with what other people deal with,finances,job,x-mas coming but it pushed me over the edge,I am 17weeks pregnant and have lost 15pounds in the last month.
What exactly is my problem?Why cant i deal with issues like other people,I just want to go to work,have a healthy baby,and be happy like others but It all seems impossible,I know logically my life isnt that bad and there are others in far worse situations than mine but still every little thing tests my sanity.I seen my psy on wednesday and even he is worried,asked me if i wanted to be hospitalized..I want to go to work,face problems head on and Sleep normal hours Is that too much to ask?

Old 11-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Why can't I be normal?

Sosad, is the pregnancy making your IBS worse? Fifteen pounds in one month is fast weight lost. Is this making your anxiety worse and therefore your depression worse?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

soo sad HB User

No Sannah the ibs is not making my anxiety worse,I came off meds in early september when i found out i was preggo,since then dp has gotten cut back significantly in his work plus I am facing some serious financial issues coming up the end of the month,all this plus not being on meds has cracked me up,i get soo tense that when I try to eat It just comes up or goes out the other end..I just need to learn to chill.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Have you tried probiotics for your IBS?

Old 11-19-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
(female)

soo sad HB User

When my anxiety gets this out of control,nothing works..When I had my first breakdown years ago,and i call it a breakdown because i shook 24-7 the only way i could manage my ibs was to not eat,would go 2 days just so i could continue working and not run to the bathroom every 5 minutes,I lost 40 pounds in 2 months that time,it took months to get back on track..
This time it is worse..way worse plus I am pregnant and dealing with alot.I feel hopeless

Old 11-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SoSad, which came first, your IBS or your anxiety?

Old 11-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
(female)

soo sad HB User

kinda at the same time,one of the symptoms of anxiety disorder is stomach problems.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Are you back in counseling? Frequently, people go to counseling, get to a point, stop counseling, get to another point, start counseling, get to another point, stop..... and on and on until the issues are solved. This is what I have done and I have heard this from others.

Closed Thread