It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
(female)

Arkayngyl HB User
Depression and Weak Legs? Possible?

I was wondering if depression can cause a person to beocme so weak that they have a hard time walking?

I have been having a hard time walking any distance at all, less then 1/4 a block and I feel as if I'm going to pass out cold. I get very light headed, shaky, heart starts to beat very fast and ill feeling.

Anyone feel or think this can be brought on by depression?

Thanks,
Sabrina

Old 11-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
(female)

sunshine0806 HB User
Re: Depression and Weak Legs? Possible?

Lately, when I've been walking at the mall, my legs will get stiff and weak, like they might collapse. I think it's just a sensation, because when I keep walking, it goes away. It's usually after I've been sitting for a long time - like, when I drove an hour to a mall on Thanksgiving weekend, and started walking, I got the sensation. It's not like I'm going to pass out, but sink through the floor. My heart beats faster with it too, maybe because it gets me worried. It went away after just a couple minutes. I connected it to anti-depressants rather than depression, though. I take Lexapro, and just recently moved up to 15mg from 10mg (I'm doing this a week, and if it goes well, may move up to 20 - that was my doctor's recommendation). Do you take anti-depressants? I guess it could be depression. Lately sometimes, I'm forgetful and get almost confused - I thought it was the AD's, but my doctor said it's more likely my depression. Luckily, it seems to be going away. Anyway, for the walking problem - I was at Wal-mart today, and didn't have the problem at all. I'm thinking it could be because my system is now used to the new dose. I didn't suspect depression because I've been depressed for months, and never had these symptoms until just recently.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

Arkayngyl HB User
Re: Depression and Weak Legs? Possible?

Hi Sunshine0806,
No I do not take any anitdepressants. My doctor has prescribed them tome a I have tried a few for one day only and they make me feel so dang weird I said to heck with this mess and didn't take anymore.

I just spole withmy doctor earlier this morning and told him about me not be able to walk very far and how weak I get etc. He agreed with me that there's something else wrong that doesn't have anything to do with depression or a hormone imbalance.

I was so relived to hear this comeout of his mouth as I have been saying for 6 months now that something else is wrong and not one doctor would do a thing about it! So now maybe I being heard!!

Thanks for your reply,
Sabrina

I will be seeing him on Dec. 6th to see whathe thinks is my problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine0806
Lately, when I've been walking at the mall, my legs will get stiff and weak, like they might collapse. I think it's just a sensation, because when I keep walking, it goes away. It's usually after I've been sitting for a long time - like, when I drove an hour to a mall on Thanksgiving weekend, and started walking, I got the sensation. It's not like I'm going to pass out, but sink through the floor. My heart beats faster with it too, maybe because it gets me worried. It went away after just a couple minutes. I connected it to anti-depressants rather than depression, though. I take Lexapro, and just recently moved up to 15mg from 10mg (I'm doing this a week, and if it goes well, may move up to 20 - that was my doctor's recommendation). Do you take anti-depressants? I guess it could be depression. Lately sometimes, I'm forgetful and get almost confused - I thought it was the AD's, but my doctor said it's more likely my depression. Luckily, it seems to be going away. Anyway, for the walking problem - I was at Wal-mart today, and didn't have the problem at all. I'm thinking it could be because my system is now used to the new dose. I didn't suspect depression because I've been depressed for months, and never had these symptoms until just recently.

Closed Thread