It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dcsipkay HB User
Stress, Depression, and Fatigue from lack of sunlight

Hi, I am a 20 year old college student who often wishes she could spend more time outdoors in the sun, but instead is stuck inside studying. Getting sun is even more difficult in the cold winter months. Sunlight is something everyone needs and often people, including myself, do not get enough of during the day.

Often associated with stress, the effects of sunlight deprivation include extreme fatigue, restless sleep, loss of energy, decreased sex drive, and even weight gain due to increase in appetite! College students often suffer from overeating from the combination of stress during exams and the winter weather. And with winter approaching, these symptoms are likely to stay with sunlight becoming scarcer.

Now there’s an all-natural, non-invasive way to get rid of the winter doldrums – the portable Litebook® Elite™, from The Litebook Company Ltd. – the new generation of light therapy.

Sunlight deprivation has been proven to have serious negative effects on mood, energy, and sleep patterns. Yet for many people, spending time outdoors every day just isn’t realistic. And I have heard taking a pill like Prozac can have unpleasant side effects.

The new Litebook® Elite™, which produces wavelengths of light identical to the peak wavelengths of the sun – without the harmful UV rays - is the world’s first hand-held light therapy device that provides a simple, safe and effective solution to symptoms brought about by sunlight deprivation.

This new technology is an alternative way to solve the winter blues and mood swings. It is also a way to ease sleep deprivation from lack of sunlight during long days in class or at the office.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2006, 07:07 AM   #2
(female)

KIMBEE HB User
Re: Stress, Depression, and Fatigue from lack of sunlight

Where do u purchase this? It sounds wonderful, I also suffer from depression and it is so much worse in the winter months.

Closed Thread